08-11-2010 01:16 PM
Wow, in computer time that scanner is a bit of antique. It was first sold about 10 years ago when WIndows 98 was all the rage. HP did not create a version of the software for Vista for that device and unfortunately will not be creating a Win7 version of the software either. Sorry for the bad news but at least you know.
Possible solutions (none very good):
Keep an old PC around with XP on it for use with the scanner.
Buy a new scanner.
VMWare allows you to have XP in an "Emulation" box and the scanner could be connected to the emulated XP system. Sounds weird but works very well.
Like I said none of the options are what I would like to hear if I were in your shoes.
10-25-2011 10:00 AM
Compatibility issues with Windows 7. Wouldn't work when I changed to run as Windows 98- Win 7. However, the drivers work up to Vista but you can't use the automatic install. You have to browse the cd and go to "English" then click on "setup". It should work from there. I've already setup this scanner up on a Vista Laptop with the original installation CD. Cheers!
12-09-2011 12:56 PM
No problem get update driver for windows xp "sj654" from hp driver download, it works with windows 7, I have the same scaner, and it works will with windows 7 !!!
12-20-2011 12:34 PM
I have this same problem with my 2200c scanner. I just installed Windows 7, but it is not supported. Where can I get the driver file sj654? I cannot find it anywhere on the internet that I have tried, and it is not to be found on my original CD that came with my scanner.
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers