06-18-2013 07:49 PM
Here is the solution:
The problem occurs if the hatch is not securely latched or there is a problem with the hardware.
Ensure that the hatch is securely latched. Disconnect the USB and power cable from the scanner. Ensure that the ADF is connected to the scanner. Press and hold the e-mail and copy buttons while reconnecting the power cable to the scanner. Press the scan button. To end the test, disconnect the cable.
HP Scanjet 5590 Digital Scanner enables you to scan, copy, print, and e-mail images, documents, and negatives. HP Scanjet 5590 Digital Scanner includes an Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) that holds multiple pages and feeds them into the scanner. ADF automatically loads the documents into the scanner, and enables to save document preparation time. At times, the ADF does not feed the scanner.
To resolve the problem:
1) Ensure that the hatch is securely latched.
2) Disconnect the USB and power cable from the scanner.
NOTE: Ensure that the power cable is connected to the power source.
3) Ensure that the ADF is connected to the scanner.
NOTE: At least, two sheets of paper are there in the input tray.
4) Press and hold the e-mail and copy buttons while reconnecting the power cable to the scanner.
NOTE: Hold the buttons for less than 5 seconds.
5) Press the scan button. (The ADF starts feeding the paper through the scanner.)
NOTE: Hold the button for less than 5 seconds.
6) To end the test, disconnect the cable.
08-07-2013 07:33 AM
I am sorry, but to get your issue more exposure I would suggest posting it in the commercial forums since this is a commercial printer. You can do this at http://h30499.www3.hp.com/hpeb/ .
I hope this helps.
- Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- A Communication or Connection Error Displays When Scanning
- Scan Using Full Feature HP Software (Windows 10)
- HP Photosmart 7510, 7515, ENVY 110, 114 Printers - Restoring eFax Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax