Question

Honor Student
2dad64
Message 1 of 7 (3,115 Views)

scanning officejet j4540

Hi everybody, I have tried to scan with my HP officejet j4540 and the display window reads; no scan options

I have tried to download drivers and other supporting software from HP, nothing works! at a loss, can anyone help?

Thanks Peyton

Master's Graduate
kikokixz
Message 2 of 7 (3,101 Views)

Re: scanning officejet j4540

Hi,

I believe you press the scan button of the printer when this error appeared. Did you try to scan using the HP Solution Center?! Kindly click here on how to scan using the HP Solution Center in Windows Operating System.

In addition, you can also ran the HP Scan Diagnostic Utility to address this issue, click here to download and run this diagnostic tool.

Kiko
Honor Student
joejunior
Message 3 of 7 (2,933 Views)

my hp ojjice  jet will not work with my new winddow 7

Student
slikfang
Message 4 of 7 (1,868 Views)

Student
MJesq
Message 5 of 7 (809 Views)

Hi,

Is there any way to scan directly from the scanner? And not go through HP solutions or any other program?

HP Support Agent
Rainbow7000
Message 6 of 7 (782 Views)

Hello MJesq,

I understand you are looking to scan directly from the Officejet J4540's front panel. I will post you the instructions below on how to do this.

Press the arrow key until the pointer comes to Scan, Press OK to select the Scan settings.
Press the arrow key to scroll through the scan settings, Press OK to select the options.
Press the Green Button to Scan

The printer needs to be connected to the computer for the scan to options.

I hope this helps!

Take care:smileyhappy:

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

R a i n b o w 7000
I work on behalf of HP

Student
cjbaylon
Message 7 of 7 (611 Views)

I arrowed to scan and it says "scan color"

I pressed ok and it says "no scan options. Refer to device documentation to troubleshoot. Press ok.

I pressed ok and it goes back to "scan color.

Any other suggestions?

Thank you

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation