02-03-2011 01:12 PM
Hi everybody, I have tried to scan with my HP officejet j4540 and the display window reads; no scan options
I have tried to download drivers and other supporting software from HP, nothing works! at a loss, can anyone help?
02-03-2011 08:29 PM
I believe you press the scan button of the printer when this error appeared. Did you try to scan using the HP Solution Center?! Kindly click here on how to scan using the HP Solution Center in Windows Operating System.
In addition, you can also ran the HP Scan Diagnostic Utility to address this issue, click here to download and run this diagnostic tool.
01-03-2014 01:28 PM
I understand you are looking to scan directly from the Officejet J4540's front panel. I will post you the instructions below on how to do this.
Press the arrow key until the pointer comes to Scan, Press OK to select the Scan settings.
Press the arrow key to scroll through the scan settings, Press OK to select the options.
Press the Green Button to Scan
The printer needs to be connected to the computer for the scan to options.
I hope this helps!
I work on behalf of HP
★Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
03-23-2014 09:05 AM
I arrowed to scan and it says "scan color"
I pressed ok and it says "no scan options. Refer to device documentation to troubleshoot. Press ok.
I pressed ok and it goes back to "scan color.
Any other suggestions?
- Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- A Communication or Connection Error Displays When Scanning
- Scan Using Full Feature HP Software (Windows 10)
- HP Photosmart 7510, 7515, ENVY 110, 114 Printers - Restoring eFax Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax