03-10-2011 12:04 PM
2 problems with scanning.
#1 When I begin to scan, I first (press scan menu, select PDF to Adobe Reader) Next (Hit OK button) and then the computer
opens up the scan preview screen and I follow the instructions (select scan for another pg or done if only 1 page is being
Problem: The first page scans only a portion of the page but after page 1 the next pages scanned are all full page
Sometimes I am given the option of resizing on the preview screen on the computer, but not often
#2 Last time I tried to scan 7 pages they all scanned at over 300% for the size of the print. I saved it to the desk top and
resized it to 100% and when I reopened the docs they were at 100% but when I tried to send as an email attachment
they went through at the enlarged size and I was not allowed to send them because they were bigger than the
25 MG allowed for an attachment. I am very frustrated, tried for a couple of hours yesterday and couldn't figure out
what was wrong, even restarted my computer.......should I uninstall and reinstall the software for the printer?
Or does someone have an easy (somewhat) answer? Thankyou
03-10-2011 02:54 PM
Try below steps:
1) Open HP Solution Center
2) Click on Settings ==> Scan Settings ==> Scan Document Settings
3) Select "Save to File" and select "PDF" as File type
4) Click on "Save file Save Options"
5) Here you can see PDF as selected File type. Click on "Options" button. A window will open with a slider
6) Reduce the slider to minimum or close to min and click OK.
7) Click Apply and click OK and try scanning
Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
03-23-2011 07:24 AM
I am having troubles with scanning preferences with my Photosmart C7180. I am scanning a multiple page document (actually music). I have set my scanner resolution to 600, both in scanner preferences and in the pop up "Adjust" window. The scanner scans the first page at 600, but then automatically changes to 300 after page 1. I can't figure out how to make the scanner keep the original resolution of 600 for the entire document.
Thank you for any help you can give!
- Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- A Communication or Connection Error Displays When Scanning
- Scan Using Full Feature HP Software (Windows 10)
- HP Photosmart 7510, 7515, ENVY 110, 114 Printers - Restoring eFax Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax