scanning problems with HP Photosmart C7180 (1831 Views)
Student
donnaraeb4
Message 1 of 4 (1,831 Views)

scanning problems with HP Photosmart C7180

2 problems with scanning. 

#1     When I begin to scan, I first (press scan menu, select PDF to Adobe Reader)  Next (Hit OK button) and then the computer

opens up the scan preview screen and I follow the instructions  (select scan for another pg or done if only 1 page is being

scanned

Problem:   The first page scans only a portion of the page but after page 1 the next pages scanned are all full page

Sometimes I am given the option of resizing on the preview screen on the computer, but not often

#2     Last time I tried to scan 7 pages they all scanned at over 300% for the size of the print.  I saved it to the desk top and

resized it to 100% and when I reopened the docs they were at 100% but when I tried to send as an email attachment

they  went through at the enlarged size and I was not allowed to send them because they were bigger than the

25 MG  allowed for an attachment.  I am very frustrated, tried for a couple of hours yesterday and couldn't figure out

what was wrong, even restarted my computer.......should I uninstall and reinstall the software for the printer? 

Or does someone have an easy (somewhat) answer?  Thankyou

PhD Student
Praveen_David
Message 2 of 4 (1,824 Views)

Re: scanning problems with HP Photosmart C7180

Hi,

Try below steps:

1) Open HP Solution Center

2) Click on Settings ==> Scan Settings ==> Scan Document Settings

3) Select "Save to File" and select "PDF" as File type

4) Click on "Save file Save Options"

5) Here you can see PDF as selected File type. Click on "Options" button. A window will open with a slider

6) Reduce the slider to minimum or close to min and click OK.

7) Click Apply and click OK and try scanning

Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
Honor Student
redtoothpaste
Message 3 of 4 (1,778 Views)

Hello, 

I am having troubles with scanning preferences with my Photosmart C7180.  I am scanning a multiple page document (actually music). I have set my scanner resolution to 600, both in scanner preferences and in the pop up "Adjust" window.  The scanner scans the first page at 600, but then automatically changes to 300 after page 1. I can't figure out how to make the scanner keep the original resolution of 600 for the entire document.

Thank you for any help you can give!

Student
KathleenBL
Message 4 of 4 (515 Views)

How do I scan with a C7180 all-in-one. . . it did work, but now only a portion of a picture shows on my screen

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation