11-28-2011 06:24 PM
What is the trick to scanning? We have an HP Officejet 4500. We tried just using the scan function on the printer, but it says to refer to documentation or that there is no computer connected. We also tried to start a scan from the devices and printers window. We have no problems faxing or copying, but we cannot scan. Any advise would be appreciated.
12-01-2011 09:27 PM
I would try to uninstall and reinstall the driver. Also when you do the install see if you can get it to allow for PDF files .....mine won't allow teh file type to be a PDF adn I have to upload docs to websites that require PDF format, not tif or jpg etc.
06-11-2012 12:35 AM
I had this same problem with my mom's and had to open the HP Director (??). I also have the same one but cannot open my HP Director thus I'm stuck.
I hate this machine!
06-12-2012 06:10 PM
This may offer some help:
I was a support engineer for HP.
If the advice resolved the situation, please mark it as a solution. Thank you.
06-12-2012 10:17 PM
I could find no information on any options to allow scanned files to be saved as .PDF docs. IN fact the manual that was on the website didn't even mention Scanning set up or installation.
09-30-2013 09:28 AM
I apologize for the delay in response. I saw your post and would like to help you out, where are you scanning from, and what is the front panel of your printer saying? The answers to these questions will help me find the appropriate resolution for you.
Click the KUDOS star on the left to say “thanks” for helping!
Please mark a reply “Accept as Solution” if it solved your issue so others can find it.
I work on behalf of HP.
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers