01-14-2014 04:45 PM
I got a wireless HP Envy 4502 for Christmas and I cannot get it to scan to my computer, either wirelessly or with usb cable. This is one of the main reasons I bought a wireless printer so that I can do this funcition. I have HP Envy dv7 laptop with windows8 operating system. I am able to print wireless though. I looked at other similar messages but they both had mac computers so they were not helpful.
01-15-2014 09:40 AM - last edited on 06-30-2015 04:24 PM by Omar-E
Please try to below mentioned steps in the document and see if it helps you out.
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers