Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 5 (650 Views)

the hp photosmart plus b210 series was not found

[ Edited ]

Windows 7 64-bit

HP Photosmart Plus B210

This is happening on a HP desk and lap top.

I'm not sure when this started but I have gone from vista to Windows 7. Printing and scanning photos "photosmart" works I just can't scan a document and save as a pdf file and get the error message "The HP Photosmart Plus B210 series was not found". I reloaded the lastest software off of HP with a good load but also get "The current full HP software is already installed for the selected printer but the basic functionality drivers appear to be missing or configured incorrectly. Click next for assistance.

Please send response to {Personal Information Removed}

Thanks

Regents Professor
AlwaysNeon
Message 2 of 5 (628 Views)

Run this diagnostic tool and let me know what happens: http://goo.gl/u3jDE

Also, when you say you are using the latest drivers for the printer, are you getting them off the HP website directly or from the CD that came with the printer?

Lastly, how are you connected to your computer (USB, wireless, or Ethernet)?

Let me know and have a great day!
Honor Student
Message 3 of 5 (609 Views)

Re: the hp photosmart plus b210 series was not found

It passes diag. I took and blew out all I could find on the lap top which is connected wireless and loaded using the CD and updated drivers software etc.. I can stiil print, photo creation, copy but now I don't even have a scan function. My desk top is still the same as it passes diag. but won't scan.

Regents Professor
AlwaysNeon
Message 4 of 5 (602 Views)

I would recommend you uninstall the printer from the Programs and Features, Device Manage, and Devices and Printers. If you use a USB cord, then make sure that it remains unplugged during the duration of these steps until it is called for by the software. Restart your computer after everything is removed.

Then follow this link to the most up-to-date software directly from the HP website:

http://goo.gl/jz8NY

Try installing that version and let me know how it goes! Have a great day!
Honor Student
Message 5 of 5 (582 Views)

Re: the hp photosmart plus b210 series was not found

I replaced unit with another HP and if it startes doing weird things I'll trash it and go to another make. i have done this before with routers and solved my problem, just don't have the time to mess with something that works then part of it quits. This reloading drivers etc and running diag didn't do a thing.

Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation