Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
upgraded to win 7, 64 bit , new drivers v.13, paperport 12 and omnipage 17 give me  message, unable to communicate with scanning device. Anyone have a fix.  officejet pro 8500
7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

apparently no one else has this problem.  Hard to believe.  Tried everything and looked everywhere. Tried reset, rebbot, uninstall reinstall, uninstall all software and reoinstall even with techs on phone.  What a waste of time and effort.  Please help? 

HP Recommended

kef45,

Can you scan with ms-paint or microsoft's scan & fax app?  Can you scan with the HP Solution Center?  Finally are there any other TWAIN applications you can try (photoshop, paintshop, etc.)?

I work for HP, but these words are mine alone.
HP Recommended

with all other applications, just Paperport and Omnipage 17. Itgives the message, unable to communicate with printer.  It goes thru the motions and than the error shows up. 

HP Recommended

Can you scan with ms-paint or microsoft's scan & fax app?  Can you scan with the HP Solution Center?  Finally are there any other TWAIN applications you can try (photoshop, paintshop, etc.)?

Yes I can scan using HP solution center.  Paperport is one of the choices adn if you select it it scans to my documents in paperport. Its only a problem when doing it from Paperport or Omnipage    Kt works with Adobe, Paint, word etc.

Any suggestions? Thanks.  I have spent hours with Nuance Tech support. No solution yet

HP Recommended

problem solved.  Apparently with windows 7, all nuance products as well as Dymo label 8.2 you must set up app;ication as administrator with all rights. Once you do this the program and all error ,essages disappear.  Found this with the help of a computer nerd. Nuance could not figure it out. The way we solved it was to fixe the dymo problem, than applied the same fix to Omnipage and Paperport and bingo it worked.  Unbelieveable, after weeks of apptempts and reloads and downloads.   A simple solution.  No more error problems with USB ports either.  Hope this helps others 

HP Recommended

I am running Windows 7 SP1 64-bit and the printer is on a wireless network.  I have spent all day trying to troubleshoot this problem with no success.  From what I can determine the scanner thinks it is not connected to the network when that is not case based on the printers network settings.  If I try to scan in a document via PaperPort 14 I get an error message that it cannot communicate with the scanner.  I tried scanning the document into MS-Paint and I get a similar message stating that it is unable to retrieve the document.  Is there a solution to this problem?

HP Recommended

I am using HP4620 printer

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.