Question

Student
pa62
Message 1 of 3 (4,586 Views)
Accepted Solution

what is communication error 321*

I just brought a officejet pro 8600 premium and I cannot send a fax. I get "A communication error occurred during the fax transmission. and I get error 321*

Professor
Daniel_L
Message 2 of 3 (4,574 Views)

Re: what is communication error 321*

Hello pa62,

There is an article describing the error you are experiencing, located here:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=buu02549&tmp_task=solveCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&lan...

The 321 error is described as such.

Definition

There was a communication error with the receiving fax machine due to poor telephone line conditions.

Solution
Set the receiving machine to receive at a slower transmission speed
If the session fails after sending several pages of a large document, resend the document as several smaller documents.

Retry the fax reception at a different time when telephone line conditions have improved.

Call the telephone provider if line conditions fail to improve.

Please post back results as this should resolve your issue. :smileyhappy:
Help the community by marking this post as a solution if it solved your issue!.

If my post helped you in any way, please click the blue KUDOS star under my name! It would mean a great deal. :smileyhappy:

Student
mrjean1
Message 3 of 3 (3,412 Views)

Re: what is communication error 321*

This is the explanation given per the HP website however it is not the case with my machine. There is nothing wrong with the receiving machines as the faxes go through with no problem from another machine. I've tried turning the machine off and back on as well as unplugging the phone line and plugging it back in.  

Any other suggestions?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation