Question

Student
vacancy
Message 1 of 15 (8,942 Views)

when i scan "sti error- Viedo Initialize Error! " for hp 1217nfw on windows7 32bit Os. Pl help.!!!!

when i scan "sti error- Viedo Initialize Error! " for hp LaserJet M1217nfw MFP on windows7 32bit Os. Pl help.!!!!

Professor
007OHMSS
Message 2 of 15 (8,931 Views)

Re: when i scan "sti error- Viedo Initialize Error! " for hp 1217nfw on windows7 32bit Os.

Try a power reset first:

With the power still on, remove the power cord from the back of the printer. Wait at least 30 seconds, then reconnect the power cord to the printer. Turn the unit on. See if the error still occurs.

Another possible solution, is updating the firmware. Get it here:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=bi-95165-4&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&...

007OHMSS

I was a support engineer for HP.

If the advice resolved the situation, please mark it as a solution. Thank you.
Top Student
llopezs
Message 3 of 15 (8,652 Views)

when i scan "sti error- Viedo Initialize Error! " for hp 1217nfw on windows7 32bit Os.

Error Scan.JPG

Top Student
llopezs
Message 4 of 15 (8,649 Views)

Re: when i scan "sti error- Viedo Initialize Error! " for hp m1132mfp on windows7 32bit Os.

Sorry I posted the last picture but  I have a diferent model

My printer is HP laser Jet M1132 MFP, I cant  scan in format PDF.

When I tried to do it the computer give me Sti error Video Initialize Error

Top Student
StoyanSt
Message 5 of 15 (8,506 Views)

Re: when i scan "sti error- Viedo Initialize Error! " for hp m1132mfp on windows7 32bit Os

Is there any solution for this error!

I have the same problem.
My device is HP LaserJet Pro M1212nf MFP
I install the device on Windows XP SP3.
When i try to scan i get error message "Sti Error! Video Initialize error"
This error is on computer screen. On device screen there is no error.

Top Student
StoyanSt
Message 6 of 15 (8,444 Views)

Re: when i scan "sti error- Viedo Initialize Error! " for hp m1132mfp on windows7 32bit Os

I upgraded the firmware of this device with new. I restarted the device from power cable. I reinstall DirectX, because I read somewhere that sti.dll is part of DirectX distribution. I run scandisk. I run HP Print and Scan Doctor. Hire the interesting part is that the software make one scan, without opening TWAIN window and everything is OK. And, the software results are that the scanner is working fine. On the device screen is showing that device is scanning to PC. Still no solution for this problem!!!
Associate Dean
Shane_R
Message 7 of 15 (8,433 Views)

when i scan "sti error- Viedo Initialize Error! " for hp 1217nfw on windows7 32bit Os. Pl help.!!!!

Try uninstalling and reinstalling the printer's software and driver. The link below will take you to the latest version for your OS. Let me know what happens.

http://goo.gl/k83At
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
Top Student
StoyanSt
Message 8 of 15 (8,427 Views)

Re: when i scan "sti error- Viedo Initialize Error! " for hp 1217nfw on windows7 3

I try uninstalling and reinstalling the printer's software and driver, and the problem is still there!
Associate Dean
Shane_R
Message 9 of 15 (8,376 Views)

What all programs are you getting the error from? Make sure to check MS Paint, Windows Fax and Scan, and any other third party software you have that supports scanning. I'm curious if it's only the HP software that's having this problem or if it's all software.
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
Top Student
llopezs
Message 10 of 15 (8,373 Views)

Re: when i scan "sti error- Viedo Initialize Error! " for hp 1217nfw on windows7 3

its only with the Hp software  "To Scan" 

Really I dont understand whats happen because I deleted all about the printter and intall again but the problem continues!! 

I read somthing about the sti.dll but in c://Windows/System32 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation