11-27-2012 09:54 AM
when scanning I get mutiple colored lines all over my document. I have a 8600 office jet pro all-in-one. PLease help!
11-27-2012 10:05 AM
Hello, I am sorry to hear your are having a problem with your HP Officejet Pro 8600 e-All-in-One Printer - N911a printer.
I would suggest to turn the unit off and unplug the power cable from unit for at least 5 seconds, then with the scanner lid close, plug the unit and turn it on. The reason of doing this is to let the scanner module to recalibrate when not other source of light can be seen by the scanner (this is why it is important to keep the sanner lid closed all the time during the initialization).
Also, is this only happening during scanning or also while making a copy? Is this via the flat-bed glass or using the Automatic, document Feeder (ADF).
Your respond will help me to narrow the problem and help you with a possible solution.
Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon"
Please mark the post that solves your problem as an Accepted Solution so other forum users can utilize the solution.
04-25-2013 05:15 PM
I agree with blanco, you need to perform these resets and that should resolve the issue you are having :
And BWF, the answer is yes, this printer will scan in color. You can chose to scan in b/w or in color through the scanning window on your computer or through the front panel on your printer if you have enabled Scan to Computer.
I hope this information is helpful!
02-19-2014 08:54 PM
12-22-2014 11:54 AM
Simple solution to what I thought would be a complex one. power down, pull cord, wait,plug in,power up.
Wish they were all that simple.
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers