Question

Student
jenschalow
Message 1 of 6 (2,242 Views)

when scanning I get mutiple colored lines all over my document. I have a 8600 office jet pro

when scanning I get mutiple colored lines all over my document. I have a 8600 office jet pro all-in-one. PLease help!

Grad Student
Blanco474
Message 2 of 6 (2,239 Views)

Re: when scanning I get mutiple colored lines all over my document. I have a 8600 office jet pro

Hello, I am sorry to hear your are having a problem with your HP Officejet Pro 8600 e-All-in-One Printer - N911a printer.

I would suggest to turn the unit off and unplug the power cable from   unit for at least 5 seconds, then with the scanner lid close, plug the unit and turn it on.  The reason of doing this is to let the scanner module to recalibrate when not other source of light  can be seen by the scanner  (this is why it is important to keep the sanner lid closed all the time during the initialization). 

Also, is this only happening during scanning or also while  making a copy?  Is this via the flat-bed glass or using the Automatic, document Feeder (ADF).  

Your respond will help me to narrow the problem and help you with a possible solution.

I am an HP employee, Printer/All-in-One Expert.
Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star. Please mark the post that solves your problem as an Accepted Solution so other forum users can utilize the solution.
Student
BWFbanducci
Message 3 of 6 (2,210 Views)

Re: when scanning I get mutiple colored lines all over my document. I have a 8600 office jet pro

HP Officejet Pro 8600 e-All-in-One Printer - N911a- I have this printer will it scan in color?

Regents Professor
AlwaysNeon
Message 4 of 6 (2,205 Views)

I agree with blanco, you need to perform these resets and that should resolve the issue you are having :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31TbWMrTaFk

And BWF, the answer is yes, this printer will scan in color. You can chose to scan in b/w or in color through the scanning window on your computer or through the front panel on your printer if you have enabled Scan to Computer. 

I hope this information is helpful! 

I hope you are having a wonderful week, and I hope that the weather where you are located is as beautiful there as it is here! 

-Spencer 
Student
Shrimpshook
Message 5 of 6 (1,736 Views)

holy cow...can I use your for other stuff!? Great advice...this is very frustrating...fairly new all in one and it's been acting up since beginning! shut down did the trick! Thanks!
Student
andrewh6
Message 6 of 6 (1,635 Views)

Thanks that's perfect, worked a treat.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation