Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Printer:  HP Envy 110 series, D411c.

When I scan in the "document" setting, it scans the entire document, and the text is fine, but photos are illegible.

So, to scan pages containing both text and images, I scan in the "photo" setting, the image quality is good, but only a small portion of the document is scanned.  

When I select, "preview" in the "photo" setting, the image displayed on the small screen on the front of the printer shows the entire document, but when I then proceed to scan and save, the result is only a small portion of the document (useless).

There seem to be no seetings on the printer's few menus that I can find which control the amount of a document that is scanned, so what is wrong?  Is my device defective? 

I remember it working correctly when I first bought it, but sadly, I did not try scanning again until now, and my warranty has expired, so I am disapointed and frustrated with this HP product.  I hope that you can help to resolve this.

thank you,

N

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,
The default scan workflow configured to scan 6 x 4 inch picture. Make sure to change the scan settings not to crop the scanned area as following:

If you use Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion), make sure to install the Critical Update below, otherwise skip to the next step:
http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/COL41827/mp-101648-1/HP_Scan_for_Mac_OS_X_10.7_Update.dmg

Now change the settings as following:
1. Open the HP Utility and select your device.
2. From Scan Settings open the "Scan to Computer".
3. Click the "Scan Tasks" tab.
4. Select the Scan Shortcut used to scan, then click Edit.
5. In the section of Scan from an HP Device click on the blue triangle to enlarge the menu.
6. From the enlarged menu now open the drop-down menu next to Crop To and set as None.
7. Click OK and try scanning.

Regards,
Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi N,

Please let me know what operating system you are using.

As well which application do you use to scan, or may via the Scan option on the device front panel?

Shlomi

HP Recommended

OSX 10.7.5

The control panel on the front of the printer/scanner unit.

HP Recommended

Hi,
The default scan workflow configured to scan 6 x 4 inch picture. Make sure to change the scan settings not to crop the scanned area as following:

If you use Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion), make sure to install the Critical Update below, otherwise skip to the next step:
http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/COL41827/mp-101648-1/HP_Scan_for_Mac_OS_X_10.7_Update.dmg

Now change the settings as following:
1. Open the HP Utility and select your device.
2. From Scan Settings open the "Scan to Computer".
3. Click the "Scan Tasks" tab.
4. Select the Scan Shortcut used to scan, then click Edit.
5. In the section of Scan from an HP Device click on the blue triangle to enlarge the menu.
6. From the enlarged menu now open the drop-down menu next to Crop To and set as None.
7. Click OK and try scanning.

Regards,
Shlomi

HP Recommended

Thank you!

I wonder why that very clear information was not provided in the scanner set up materials?  I also wonder why the person from HP who worked with me last night did not know this.  He was very helpful, and we went through how to control the scanner via the "HP Scan 3" on my computer, but my preference is to scan directly from the scanner, without having to go through the computer first.  You were able to show me how to do that.  Now I understand how I can use the wireless scanning directly from my scanner, and how to set the preferences for it via the "HP Utility".

After having been shown, it seems almost obvious, but until it has been shown, it seems impossible to figure out.  I appreciate your help!

thanks,

N

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.