Post new question
Question

Top Student
Message 1 of 6 (336 Views)

Another failing update

Product Name: Sprout
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP Support Assistant wants me to install a Sprout Workspace Update, SP79019, Version 1.5.7.2101Hp1.

When I try to install it, it completes with failure.  Hunting through the Event Viewer for a reason, I find:

The description for Event ID 0 from source HP Sprout Workspace cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

Thread ID:3 ERROR HPSASoftwareUpdateWorkflowManager.ResetHPSAPopupNotification - Workspace Version # 1.5.4.2326 Platform Version # 1.5.4.2301
Exception: System.Exception: Issue with HPSFNotifyPopupRegistryKeyValue
   at HP.Sprout.Workspace.Common.HPSAIntegration.HPSASoftwareUpdateWorkflowManager.ResetHPSAPopupNotification()
2017-03-10 20:36:59:446

the message resource is present but the message is not found in the string/message table

I rebooted the computer, and got the same result.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Simon

Provost
Message 2 of 6 (316 Views)

Re: Another failing update

@Simonstl, welcome to the forum.

You should completely uninstall HPSA and install the latest version here. I have had similar situations recently, I simply delete the update and wait for it to reappear.  When it does I install it and it normally works.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

-----------------------------------------
Signature:

HP TouchPad - 1.2 GHz; 1 GB memory; 32 GB storage; WebOS/CyanogenMod 11(Kit Kat)

HP Omen X; i7-6700K; 16 GB DDR4 2133; GTX 1070; 256 GB SSD M.2; Win 10 Home

HP Photosmart 7520 AIO

++++++++++++++++++
**Click the Thumbs Up+ to say 'Thanks' and the 'Accept as Solution' if I have solved your problem.**

Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!

Message 3 of 6 (294 Views)

Thank you.  That got me further, to an actual installer. 

Now I get a "There is not enough space on hard drive C: to install the update", when I have 342GB (38%) free....

Thanks,
Simon

Provost
Message 4 of 6 (284 Views)

You are welcome, @Simonstl.

I am not certain why you are getting this error message with that much free space.  What is the update that you are trying to install?

Signature:

HP TouchPad - 1.2 GHz; 1 GB memory; 32 GB storage; WebOS/CyanogenMod 11(Kit Kat)

HP Photosmart 7520 AIO

++++++++++++++++++
**Click the Thumbs Up+ to say 'Thanks' and the 'Accept as Solution' if I have solved your problem.**

Message 5 of 6 (281 Views)

I'm trying to install a Sprout Workspace Update, SP79019, Version 1.5.7.2101Hp1.  I'm guessing it doesn't need 342GB of space.

I did run chkdsk and everything seems clear, so I'm not sure where the failure is happening.

Thanks,

Simon

Highlighted
Provost
Message 6 of 6 (275 Views)

You are correct.  It should definitely not take that much free space to install.  I would delete it from HPSA as I suggested previously and wait awhile before trying to install it again.  Sometimes there may be a glitch that is preventing it to install.

Signature:

HP Photosmart 7520 AIO

++++++++++++++++++