Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I tried everything below and nothing is working. Where can I talk to someone who can help with this. 

I am in the middle of a large important project and really need to use the workspace.

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

What exactly did you try?

Did you go to the Support pages for the Sprout and make sure your device is up to date?

If you provide your exact model, I can provide a link to the pages.

I had a Sprout as a loaner for a year, and found the website provided solutions better than the HP Support Assistant...

(As a top contributor to the HP Consumer Support Forums, HP provides me access to the HP Sprout at no charge so I may better respond to the questions raised on the Forum.)

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.
HP Recommended

Yes, it says it's all updated. I was scanning and it locked up. Usually, ever since I got this I would just restart the computer and it would work fine. But this time that did not work. The product number is J4X03AA 

It is the first Sprout.

I've updated every thing. I even uninstalled WorkSpace and reinstalled it. Not sure if I have the correct install since they all say updates--don't see full install anywhere. But it still does what it did when it quit working.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

HP Recommended

What operating system?  Windows 8.1 or 10?

WyreNut

Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
HP Recommended

WIN 10

HP Recommended

I did uninstall workspace. But when I go download the new files all there is available is UPDATES. So I did that but that file does not even show up on my computer. It says it loaded but when I go to the SWSETUP folder it is not there.

When I called tech support they told me that that folder is in a separate partition on my hard drive. But it is just in a folder.

They also stressed that they might have to redo my computer--he said this so many times it was clear that is what they would do.  Everything he told me he had to look up and read to me-so I'm thinking that is what they are told to do if they can't figure it out.

I think I just need the original software to reinstall..I'm not finding that anywhere in the Sprout files-unless it is included in the UPDATES.

Thanks for your help.

Vickie

HP Recommended

Looking at the size of the "update", I would guess it to be the full software.

You already know the page, but here it is again:  

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/sprout-by-hp/7471144/model/7471145

@Olenn_D, can you comment on this thread?

WyreNut

HP Recommended

I've downloaded it but it does not give me a short cut or the Workspace does not show up in the start menu or in applications. Is there some reason this will not load..that is what made me think I needed the original software then up date that.  I really have no idea what else to do. I did try calling support but they did not seem to have the answer either.

Any other ideas.

Thanks

Vickie

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.