Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Sprout scanner KO since win10 update. Officejet 6500A plus scanner unusable. Is there a way to choose?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hey @SergeB1, and welcome to the HP Forums! 

It looks like you have the Sprout computer and would still like to use  your Officjeet 6500A scanner. Do you have the software for your Officejet installed still? You can select which method of scanning you'd like. 

If you are having an issue using the Officejet, I suggest using the HP Print and Scan Doctor. 

The HP Print and Scan Doctor is a free utility (tool) that helps to quickly resolve common printing, scanning, and connectivity issues including but not limited to:

• Connectivity:

USB: Verifies that the USB connection from your computer to the HP product is working correctly.

Network: Verifies that the network connection between your computer and your network is working correctly.

• Device Status Test: Checks for device errors such as out of paper, paper jams, carriage stalls, and paper feed issues, and then provides instructions for fixing the error.
  • Driver Check: Checks for missing or corrupt driver files.
  • Device Manager: Checks for problems in Device Manager that would prevent printing.
  • Device Online: Checks if the product has been paused or set to offline, and then sets the status back to online if necessary.
  • Print Queue: Checks for and clears pending print jobs in the print queue (a log of print jobs waiting to print).
  • Port Match: Checks the port settings for the HP product.
  • Device Conflicts: Checks for conflicts with other drivers, such as other printer brands.
  • Ink Issues: Checks the cartridges and ink levels for issues that affect print quality.
  • Print Settings: Checks and adjusts the print quality settings.
  • Test Print: Prints a test page for print quality evaluation, and provides options for cleaning and aligning the printhead if necessary.
  • Scan Tests: Checks the scan mechanism, drivers, and registry entries.

Source: www.hp.com/go/tools  <Click here to download and run the Print and Scan Doctor.

If that does not resolve the issue, post back and let me know if there are any symbols other than green check marks and what they are next to of course. The wrench is not always easy to spot as the wrench and the check mark are both in a green circle.

• If you see only green check marks, the tool did not find any problems.
  • If you see green wrenches, the utility identified an issue and corrected it automatically.
  • If you see yellow exclamation points, the test failed and required user action, but the step was skipped.
  • If you see a red X, follow the on-screen instructions to resolve the issue.

Thanks, I look forward to hearing back from you.

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hey @SergeB1, and welcome to the HP Forums! 

It looks like you have the Sprout computer and would still like to use  your Officjeet 6500A scanner. Do you have the software for your Officejet installed still? You can select which method of scanning you'd like. 

If you are having an issue using the Officejet, I suggest using the HP Print and Scan Doctor. 

The HP Print and Scan Doctor is a free utility (tool) that helps to quickly resolve common printing, scanning, and connectivity issues including but not limited to:

• Connectivity:

USB: Verifies that the USB connection from your computer to the HP product is working correctly.

Network: Verifies that the network connection between your computer and your network is working correctly.

• Device Status Test: Checks for device errors such as out of paper, paper jams, carriage stalls, and paper feed issues, and then provides instructions for fixing the error.
  • Driver Check: Checks for missing or corrupt driver files.
  • Device Manager: Checks for problems in Device Manager that would prevent printing.
  • Device Online: Checks if the product has been paused or set to offline, and then sets the status back to online if necessary.
  • Print Queue: Checks for and clears pending print jobs in the print queue (a log of print jobs waiting to print).
  • Port Match: Checks the port settings for the HP product.
  • Device Conflicts: Checks for conflicts with other drivers, such as other printer brands.
  • Ink Issues: Checks the cartridges and ink levels for issues that affect print quality.
  • Print Settings: Checks and adjusts the print quality settings.
  • Test Print: Prints a test page for print quality evaluation, and provides options for cleaning and aligning the printhead if necessary.
  • Scan Tests: Checks the scan mechanism, drivers, and registry entries.

Source: www.hp.com/go/tools  <Click here to download and run the Print and Scan Doctor.

If that does not resolve the issue, post back and let me know if there are any symbols other than green check marks and what they are next to of course. The wrench is not always easy to spot as the wrench and the check mark are both in a green circle.

• If you see only green check marks, the tool did not find any problems.
  • If you see green wrenches, the utility identified an issue and corrected it automatically.
  • If you see yellow exclamation points, the test failed and required user action, but the step was skipped.
  • If you see a red X, follow the on-screen instructions to resolve the issue.

Thanks, I look forward to hearing back from you.

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

I was fixed on the win10 upgrade, I did not see the evidence, thank you, it worked fine. For the Sprout scanner, what is the foreseen date for the upgrade, patch or whatever.

Thank you

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.