Post new question
Question

Top Student
Message 1 of 4 (501 Views)

Connecting Sprout to Dremel 3D printer

Product Name: 3DBuilder
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just got the Sprout and Dremel 3D printer bundle and I can't get any objects to print. When I connected the Dremel to the Sprout, it installed right away. When I open the Sprout Workspace, I wanted to test one of the sample images, but when I try to print it says there was a problem and can't load the image. I also tried from the 3D Builder, but also get an error and it says to try closing some apps (which no others were open) and try again. Any ideas what I'm missing would be helpful. Thank you.

Honor Student
Message 2 of 4 (400 Views)

Re: Connecting Sprout to Dremel 3D printer

I am having a similar issue. Did you ever find a resolution?

Top Student
Message 3 of 4 (373 Views)

Haven't found a resoulution yet. If you find a solution I would be greatful for the insight. From what it appears, you can only print to the Dremel with a .3ddremel file type, but nothing in the Sprout saves to that format. Can't install the Autodesk Print Studio on the Sprout either, which is what I thought would do it. I tried installing other Autodesk software, but everytime I try and do something it says I need yet another software package. I'm still looking for a solution.

Highlighted
Honor Student
Message 4 of 4 (357 Views)

I was able to get the Dremmel to work via USB printing. I was finally able to install the AutoDesk Print Studio software through the Sprout MArketplace, but only after running every available windows update, the BIOS update and manually downloading the latest Sprout update files from HP. Once everything got installed and updated I could use the Print Studio. I could never get the Print Studio to print via USB direct printing but I did find a way to create a print file for the dremmel that could be saved to a flash drive. Then I could use the printer menu screen to print the model from the USB stick.

Hope this helps.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation