Question

Top Student
Cuzenu
Message 1 of 3 (1,766 Views)
Accepted Solution

Disk Check Consistency Issue (Start Up Repair does not work)

[ Edited ]

1. HP TouchSmart tm2 Notebook PC (tm2t-1000)
Product: VL614AV

2. Windows 7 Home Premium  64-bit

3. Error
Disk Check Consistency Issue
When I turn it on, my laptop recomends running start-up repair, but I allowed it to run for 8+ hours and it never finished or showed signs of progression.  Also, when selecting ot "start wiindows normally" it ends up restarting and propting to run start-up repaur again.  Also, I tried to run safe mode but that also did not work.

4. The most recent thing that happened was a windows update on the 6th of this month as well as SquareEnix FFXI updates for PlayOnline, which had no problems with my laptop before.  Also my computer tended to slow down and almost freeze up when navigating the control panel or C disk program folders for the past few months.

I did manage to run all of the HP Advanced System Diagnostics – Version 3.6.1.0  Tests

My Error Log is as follows:

Type              Result         Failure ID                                                       Description
Battery         Passed        NA                                                                         NA
Memory       Passed        NA                                                                         NA
Hard Disk    Failed          GGC7L2-5655S3-XD6U3G-60RQ03          Hard Disk 1
Tuneup        Failed          GGC7L2-5655S3-XD6U3G-60RQ03          Hard Disk 1
Run-In         Failed           GGC7L2-5655S3-XD6U3G-60RQ03          Hard Disk 1
Start-Up      Failed           GGC7L2-5655S3-XD6U3G-60RQ03          Hard Disk 1

Also, every test that included these has the same pass/pass/fail result.
Memory Test: Passed

SMART Check: Passed

Short DST: Failed

I do not believe I have a virus-related issue because I have Norton, use Firefox, and am generally good about avoiding getting them. 

ideally I would like to salvage some of my important files auch as notes and documents for my classes and upcoming finals. =.= 

Provost
Daniel_Potyrala
Message 2 of 3 (1,698 Views)

Re: Disk Check Consistency Issue (Start Up Repair does not work)

Hi,

You will need to replace HDD.

Please contact with HP and tell them about result of HP Advanced System Diagnostics tests.

How to do it all informations here (just choose your country).

They will send you new HDD for free if it is still under warranty.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon which is on the left. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **

Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer
Top Student
Cuzenu
Message 3 of 3 (1,695 Views)

Re: Disk Check Consistency Issue (Start Up Repair does not work)

Actually I managed to fix it by taking out the hard-drive and getting the files off of it that way and reformatting the laptop.  Thanks anyways.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation