Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello,

HP Mediasmart Smartmenu:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp45001-45500/sp45140.exe

HP MediaSmart MVP Software

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp45501-46000/sp45691.exe

HP MediaSmart DVD Software

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp45501-46000/sp45690.exe

HP MediaSmart Webcam Software

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp45501-46000/sp45692.exe

HP MediaSmart Live TV Software

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp45501-46000/sp45693.exe

HP MediaSmart Internet TV Software

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp45001-45500/sp45184.exe

Please install the above packages in the same order.....

Regards,

Nice navi

57 REPLIES 57
HP Recommended
I would like to preface my post by saying that I am not unhappy and do not want to seem to argue. I am just providing feedback on these instructions. I uninstalled all of the things listed here, either from control panel, or in the case of the authentic fingerprint reader, from devices. Then I went through the order of the installs here. Half of the downloads listed here are different than the ones HP lists for win7. Three of them are new to me - I have been documenting the various versions HP lists for Win7 and Vista. After going through this process (which took 12 hours - perhaps the only thing I am upset about), in the end, I have the following results: Quick launch keys are still causing the screen to go blank in tablet mode. MS tablet PC settings still says there are no buttons - which looks like a missing driver Touch is supporting the two-finger rotation and pinch enlarge, but not the M gesture to launch mediasmart Touch, pen and touchpad are all working Action center is telling me that there is an important update to fix multi-touch from n-trig. Goes directly to the n-trig site. Windows is not recognizing the fingerprint reader, and neither is digital persona. There was another poster who had a list of steps he used to get fingerprint stuff working. I followed those instructions after removing all of the drivers and programs. That didn't work for me. That took another couple of hours. So, spent the entire day trying to debug these assorted problems and am now going to restore back to the beginning of the day, assuming that works. Which is probably assuming too much.
HP Recommended

I did as you said, but unfortunately it didn't work, i tried twice, first by using the HP MediaSmart MVP sp46570, but then trying with the sp45691 as you said, same issue, no shortcuts in the start menu and even if you open manually the applications it won't run.

HP Recommended

Install in the same order and use Winrar program to install ( HP Mediasmart program)

Example:-

1. Install winrar on your PC, ( http://www.filehippo.com/download_winrar_64/ )

2. Extract the sp44452.exe file contents using file explorer, do this by right click on the file you downloaded to your local hard drive and select "Extract to sp44452\..."

3. then move into the sp44452\src directory, you'll see file named HPMediaSmartDVD.exe, do the same, extract the contents of this file using file explorer and "Extract to HPMediaSmartDVD\..."

4. Ok now, you move to sp44452\Source\HPMediaSmartDVD\hp\tmp\src directory and run setup.exe from there

HP Mediasmart Software for Windows 7 units:

HP Mediasmart Smartmenu:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp45001-45500/sp45140.exe

HP MediaSmart MVP Software

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp45501-46000/sp45691.exe

HP MediaSmart DVD Software

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp45501-46000/sp45690.exe

HP MediaSmart Webcam Software

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp45501-46000/sp45692.exe

HP MediaSmart Live TV Software

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp45501-46000/sp45693.exe

HP MediaSmart Internet TV Software

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp45001-45500/sp45184.exe

HP Recommended

For MVP downloaded file, right clicked, extracted, in hp\tmp\src found setup, ran it. It said it was upgrading, although I'd uninstalled it before upgrading to Windows 7 and haven't been able to install it. It was chugging along and then a window popped up that said: Error 1625. This installation is forbidden by system policy. Contact your system administrator.

HP Recommended

DO NOT DO THIS!!!!   After I did this my firewall and anti virus were disabled and many corupted files and worms were reported to my system

HP Recommended

Hi my HP MediaSmart keeps needing to close when I take it from fullscreen to the listing, what can I do to fix it?

HP Recommended

Hola

Tengo un problema con mi laptop HP PAVILION DV4-1275MX originalmente tenia instalado una version de windows vista, pero decidi actualizarla a windows 7, en ese momento empezaron los problemas.
Despues de solucionar muchos, me ha quedado el problema de la reproduccion de video, ya que sale un error que dice "El Reproductor de Windows Media encontró un problema al reproducir el archivo." no se porque sale ese error. y eso no me deja ver ningun video.
Ademas el boton que esta entre la pantalla y el teclado que dice "mediasmart" no funciona, ya que lo oprimo y no sale nada.
He descargado todos lo controladores para mi equipo correspondientes al SO windows 7 32 bits, pero no se porque no funciona. Aunque no aparece el "HP Mediasmart".
Espero que me puedan ayudar.
Muchas gracias
Then write a translation of my message made ​​by google.
Hello
I have a problem with my laptop HP PAVILION DV4-1275MX originally had installed aversion of Windows Vista, but decided to upgrade to Windows 7, then the problems started.
After solving many, I was left with the problem of video playback, as they get an errorthat says "Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file. " do not know why this error comes. and that will not let me see any video.
Besides the button between the screen and keyboard that says "MediaSmart" does not work, and I press it and nothing comes out.
I downloaded all the drivers for my computer for the windows 7 32 bit OS, but notbecause it does not work. Although it is not the "HP Mediasmart.
I hope you can help me.
Thank you very much

Hola
Tengo un problema con mi laptop HP PAVILION DV4-1275MX originalmente tenia instalado una version de windows vista, pero decidi actualizarla a windows 7, en ese momento empezaron los problemas.
Despues de solucionar muchos, me ha quedado el problema de la reproduccion de video, ya que sale un error que dice "El Reproductor de Windows Media encontró un problema al reproducir el archivo." no se porque sale ese error. y eso no me deja ver ningun video.
Ademas el boton que esta entre la pantalla y el teclado que dice "mediasmart" no funciona, ya que lo oprimo y no sale nada.
He descargado todos lo controladores para mi equipo correspondientes al SO windows 7 32 bits, pero no se porque no funciona. Aunque no aparece el "HP Mediasmart".
Espero que me puedan ayudar.
Muchas gracias

Then write a translation of my message made ​​by google.
Hello
I have a problem with my laptop HP PAVILION DV4-1275MX originally had installed aversion of Windows Vista, but decided to upgrade to Windows 7, then the problems started.
After solving many, I was left with the problem of video playback, as they get an errorthat says "Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file. " do not know why this error comes. and that will not let me see any video.
Besides the button between the screen and keyboard that says "MediaSmart" does not work, and I press it and nothing comes out.
I downloaded all the drivers for my computer for the windows 7 32 bit OS, but notbecause it does not work. Although it is not the "HP Mediasmart.
I hope you can help me.
Thank you very much

HP Recommended

This seems to be an ongoing problem with HP and Compac.  They either want you to start over with a reformat or give bad advice.  In all my years of dealing with HP I have found the last 15 years to be worthless.  Used to you could count on HP for quality, promptness, accuarcy and above all professionalism.  It is no longer the same company.

HP Recommended

I just wanted to find out if others have problems with the video section within the mediasmart software version 3.1.2.3601?  Mediasmart will not load my video or folders into the editing window.  No matter what I do the program only see what was loaded as a sample.  I can not load any of my personal saved video.  It's like it's rejecting it's job and that to control, edit video.  I've tried to download updates to the latest version for both the Advisor and Mediasmart. Nothing seems to work how can I fix this problem?.  I think that the quality of service from HP has declined dramatically over the years.  I think that is do to the fact that most if not all of the customer service and technical service departments are now located out of the US. and not American employee's.   

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.