HP PAVILION TX2000 ENTERTAINMENT NOTEBOOK PC ISSUES!!! (26812 Views)
Honor Student
Robert_Louie
Message 1 of 47 (26,812 Views)

HP PAVILION TX2000 ENTERTAINMENT NOTEBOOK PC ISSUES!!!

LET ME GET THIS STRAIGHT.I BOUGHT A TX2000 LAPTOP A YEAR AND A HALF AGO.THE THOUGHT OF IT MADE ME HAPPY SINCE THIS LAPTOP COST MUCH AND I WAS ONE OF THE FEW WHO WAS ABLE TO BUY IT.AFTER A YEAR AND 2 MONTHS,IT SUDDENLY HANGED IN THE MIDDLE OF MY WORK AND WON'T TURN ON.CONSIDERING THAT IT IS OUT OF WARRANTY,HP DID NOT GIVE A HELL OUT OF MY QUESTIONS.SO I JUST CONSIDERED THAT MAYBE BECAUSE I OVER USED IT OR WHATEVER.BUT AFTER I READ COMPLAINTS ON THE SAME MODEL,I SUDDENLY REALIZED THAT IT IS NOT MY FAULT BUT THE FAULT OF THE COMPANY.

PROBLEM:AFTER TURNING THE MACHINE ON,FAN AND LIGHTS ARE ON BUT IT NOTHING WILL APPEAR ON SCREEN.

I TRIED PLUGGING IT TO A DIFFERENT MONITOR AND STILL NOTHING.THEN I REMEMBERED THAT NO MATTER HOW COLD THE PLACE OR ROOM WHERE I WAS USING THE MACHINE,THE HEAT OF THE LAPTOP KEEPS ON INCREASING!!!

TELL ME,IS IT THE CUSTOMER'S FAULT?I,TOGETHER WITH SOME WHO I AM SURE WILL SUPPORT ME, DEMANDS A RECALL ON THIS PRODUCT SINCE AS WE CONNECT STORIES,IT OCCURS AFTER USING IT FOR A YEAR.COINCIDENCE OR INTENTION???

PLEASE HP,IF YOU DON'T WANT TO LOSE CUSTOMERS AND LOSE TRUST, PLEASE HEED THIS REQUEST OF MINE AND RECALL THE PRODUCT!!!

PRODUCT NAME:HP PAVILION TX2000 ENTERTAINMENT NOTEBOOK PC

Student
jetDL
Message 2 of 47 (26,754 Views)

Re: HP PAVILION TX2000 ENTERTAINMENT NOTEBOOK PC ISSUES!!!

my TX2000 also doesn't work anymore. it was bought last 2008 and then started to have minimal malfunctions.. it s tarted to display blank screen with lights on after switching it on. but after around 4months, when i switch it on, it turns off after a second..  i wont let myself be blinded again by the features of HP laptops which actually cant render a high quality one. the cost is high, but it doesnt speak the QUALITY..  :smileysad:

Student
dcaffair
Message 3 of 47 (26,490 Views)

Yes I am very disappointed with my HP dv2839tx. Blank screen issues fault started to display after 6 months when i bought it in mid 2008. This model should have been part of the class action against Nividia. See

http://www.engadget.com/2010/09/30/nvidia-reaches-settlement-in-class-action-suit-affecting-apple/

http://www.nvidiasettlement.com/index.html

HP and Nividia should offer extend warranty or replacement for poor quality laptops. I have lost interest with the brand

:smileysad:

Student
ourjoy2003
Message 4 of 47 (25,669 Views)

My HP Pavillion tx2000 is giving me all sorts of problems and it all started just right after my 1 year warranty expired. First it was the cursor which was and still always moving to the bottom right-side of the screen and opening and closing tasks in the toolbar. Then the wireless stopped working and that means I can only use LAN. Then the cursor vanishes completely for a while in the middle of typing and now it is the touchpad. Do all these problems sound like a manufacturer's defect? Your guess is as good as mine. It seems like I didn't get my money's worth. I have had many non-HP laptops and this is the only laptop that is giving me all sorts of problems. This laptop drives me crazy. Will this be the last time I will buy or recommendation or defend ANY HP products? Again, your guess is as good as mine.

Student
auburngirl86
Message 5 of 47 (25,480 Views)

Dont worry sooner or later you screen will just go black for no reason at all. Mine was working just fine the night before then the nest morning would not do a thing. I would recommend a new computer

Top Student
imagesbykelly
Message 6 of 47 (24,507 Views)

I also have the tx2000 with nothing but problems.  If you get the blank screen here is what you need to do:

Turn the computer off and flip it over.  Blow dry through the vents on medium heat for about a minute.  Keep the blowdryer moving.  Wait a minute and then turn it back on.   The heat from blow dryer warms up the chip and it will work again.  I have to do this every once in a while with mine.  And also make sure you buy a laptop cooling fan for yours.  I have mine on continuously and it helps, although it still overheats on occasion.

Here is a class action lawsuit that was just settled:  http://forum.notebookreview.com/hp-compaq/521913-nvidia-reaches-settlement-class-action-suit-affecti...

Unfortunately for some reason it doesn't look like the tx2000 is included.  I may just take them to small claims court.

Kelly

Intern
S_Rouault
Message 7 of 47 (23,992 Views)

Heat and GPU failure. It's interesting that you had it a whole 2 years without problems. Some people have gpu failure in a matter of months. My laptop wasn't used for and 3d applications and the GPU failed in 3 months. But interstingly in almost all cases I have read that they are fixable with a 'reflow'-meaning heat up the graphics chip to reseat the solder connections between it and the motherbaord.

What's interesting still is that the Nvidia lawsuit (for those who don't know you could have gotten a free laptop if you filed the right paperwork in time) was supposedly about the solder connection between the chips core and the chip not the chip and the motherboard. Suppose that it was the connection between the motherboard and the chip the whole time, meaning Nvidia was sued for something that wasn't their fault...

If nvidia really was rightly sued perhaps ATI/AMD has the same issue. Only when this all happened there were some examinations done and AMD/ATI supposedly didn't have the same problem. But whatever the problem this is happening to lots and alots of TX owners, whether they be Nvidia or AMD/ATI.

Student
ewart284
Message 8 of 47 (23,751 Views)

i have had the same problem with my hptx2000 after a year and half the laptop just went dead hp needs to recall this laptop now this is unacceptable even more so because of the cost of the laptop.

Tutor
MarkManuaeel
Message 9 of 47 (22,363 Views)

I bought mine year and half ago i was happy with it but I notice the laptop over heat

So before 3 month the wireless went out so I bought USB wireless to work but last week my screen went out when turning the laptop I only see lights nothing on the screen

So After some goggling I found out I’m not the only one with this problem there is a lot of people with the same problem

So I decided to call HP last night after work so I explained my problem seems like they already know about it but they won’t do nothing only offering half price to fix it which is $180.00

So I wouldn’t accept it cause the problem is from there hardware and I’m not paying for it

And they want it to charge me $50.00 for diagnostics which I refused to pay I told the customer service we already know the problem

I Will Never buy any HP product any more until they recall this model just like TX1000

Cause they using the same NVIDEA chipset on it

Student
markcrossland
Message 10 of 47 (22,129 Views)

Happens to my tx2000 aswell.  We've had ours for a couple of years and the wife uses it more than me and has reported the blank dark screen and the cursor moving.  She thought someone had hacked onto the laptop, but we have the firewall enabled and Mcfee AV.

I suppose its steadily getting worsier.  Maybe it hasn't happened much to now because we had the power plan on Power saver, and then about 6 months ago, we put it on top performance.  So maybe it is the heat of the cpu.   Also prefer it in Power saver mode because its a LOT quieter.  

Would be nice for answers and a fix, but as you all say, if we hear nothing, we won't be buying HP again.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation