HP Touchsmart tm2 touchscreen issue (11101 Views)
Top Student
fabidalt
Message 1 of 9 (11,101 Views)

HP Touchsmart tm2 touchscreen issue

Three weeks ago I purchased a HP Touchsmart tm2 and I have loved it.  The only problem that I have had so far just occured two days ago.  When I am using the Wacom Pen and am selecting a textbox, the Tablet PC Input Panel does not appear next to the textbox.  The weird part is that when I use my finger to do the same thing, the Tablet PC Input Panel does appear.  I don't know if there is something wrong with the pen or a setting on the computer.  Another problem that I have had with the touchscreen occurs when the computer is in tablet mode. When using my finger, the cursor does not appear where I click it, but on the other side of the screen. For example if I tap the right side of the screen, the cursor appears on the left side. When I change the orientation of the screen in tablet mode, only 1 of the 4 orientation correctly puts the cursor where I touched.  The touch registers correctly when the computer is in the normal laptop mode just not in tablet mode. This last scenario only occurs when using my finger, the pen registers the click in the correct spot. Thanks for any help!

Student
ak471034
Message 2 of 9 (11,057 Views)

Re: HP Touchsmart tm2 touchscreen issue

I am having the same 2 problems.  A quick fix for the touchscreen "reverse calibration"error is to  switch your GPU from ATI to   intel  graphics. I'm still  Searching the forums to find a solution that will  fix the calibration issue when using the ATI GPU.  If you find a  better solution to either problem ( mirrored calibration and the input panel not appearing), please  share.

Top Student
fabidalt
Message 3 of 9 (11,039 Views)

[ Edited ]

I am going to call HP and have them help hopefully

Top Student
fabidalt
Message 4 of 9 (11,011 Views)

I called HP today and got the Input Panel problem solved.  The lady on the phone took control of the computer but you can just do this yourself probably. First go to hp.com. Then click the Support & Drivers tab at the top of the webpage. In step 1 click the "Download drivers and software" radio button. Then on step 2 put the product number of your laptop in the textbox that asks for it.  Then hit the go button. Then you will need to select the OS from the drop down menu ( My only option was Windows 7). Hit the next button. Then you'll need to find the plus sign that says "Driver - Keyboard, Mouse, and Input Devices". Click that and then click the download button that appears next to the "Wacom Digitizer Pen Driver" that appears after you did the previous step.  That should solve your problem with that because it fixed mine.  As for the whole reverse callibration thing, I was not able to get that working. She tried a couple of things and then tried to do a system restore but my computer won't do a system restore for some reason.  I left the computer on for 3.5 hours and when I came back the screen still said "System Restore is Initializing". I had to hang up because I had somewhere to be after the first hour of waiting so we were not able to figure it out.  I have to call back again and get the system restore thing fixed or somehow send the laptop to get fixed or something.  Hope that helps though!

Student
aymish
Message 5 of 9 (10,222 Views)

Hey guys i know this is a old thread but i thought i might just put this out there for people in the future.

This is in regards to the inverted pen input between power saving intel GPU and the ATI premium graphics.

this is of another forum which i spent hours seaching for when i had this problem

these are the steps that worked for me

thanks goes to Voidward from tablet PC Review forum

"So the fix itself is fairly simple and seems like the point is just to glitch this to work properly:

Switch to Intel
Go to Tablet PC Settings, press setup.
Don't select pen or touch yet.
Switch to ATI.
Select pen, tap the screen with the pen, press enter.
Switch back to Intel
Press setup, don't touch the options again.
Switch to ATI.
Select touch, tap the screen with your finger, press enter.
Switch to Intel.
Reboot.

I had to repeat this process after reboot, but it might work after the first reboot as I didn't initially check. After the second time both Intel and ATI had blanks instead of saying pen and touch available, yet pet and touch worked under both flawlessly at this point. After the next reboot it fixed itself and said pen and touch available for both."

the original thread can be found here

http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/hp-touchsmart-tm2-wacom/32392-switchable-graphics-touch.html

Honor Student
trumblackberry
Message 6 of 9 (9,608 Views)

hey you, i have a problem. I'm vietnamese. My TM2 touch screen turn off if not use after 5 second. I have to hold for 2 seconds it will run again. I want to touch screen active forever.

Hi, my english is poor, thanks very much

Student
chirotablet
Message 7 of 9 (9,426 Views)

CONFIRMED. works well . thankyou,

Shane.

Student
skiplowflyin
Message 8 of 9 (9,021 Views)

I fixed the exact same problem by doing what fabidalt said:  reinstall the drivers for the wacom digiter pen from HP found here (as of May 21, 2011):

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-84031-1&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&...=

From what I can understand, the computer didn't recognize the pen as anything but a mouse.  I couldn't "Flick" with the pen, nor could I hold-to-right-click with the pen; which is the same restrictions as a mouse.  all worked OK with my finger, just not with the pen.

Seriously, this is the way go.  Forget the calibrating and switching method as another poster says to do.  this is a very quick download and install.  Does it all for you, then you restart.  works great on both graphics cards (ATI and onboard Intel) upon restarting.

Not sure why it went bad except that it was probably my fault screwing around with all sorts of settings and such.  I should head the warning of not fixing what ain't broke!

Student
vichti
Message 9 of 9 (8,810 Views)

How switch to intel and switch to ATI ???

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation