Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Press 5 display shows b5 Press 6 display shows n6 Press b display shows b5 press n display shows n6 Delete deletes a character an6d moves to the top left of the display. There are some other errors also. This has happen6ed b5efore, rarely on6 hp an6d others, b5ut have n6ot foun6d a fix.
 win vista32.
please help. 
dnoble

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi,

I do have the same problem and looking for a fix. My Laptop is HP Pavilion dv6t-1300 Ent. PC and Product No is : VC038AV

OS is Windows 7 Home. My PC is Virus free and restored it to it's Factory Settings. This seems to be a H/W problem.

Please help me fix this problem.

Thanks in advance.

Mahendra Soni

Email :[text removed for privacy]

HP Recommended

I have a very similar problem with my HP TX2000 Pavilion.  My problem occurred over a year ago and it is yet to be resolved.  My problem initially occurred when I tried to de-installed Norton utilities after that,,,, everything went downhill from there.  I've totally re-formatted the hard drive, rebuilt the system, updated the BIOS, had HP send me a new set of recovery discs,etc.....I;ve consulted HP tech support and NO resolution......I still have the problem....everytime I press the t key it displays t5, when I press the y key it displays y6 , press the 5 key it display  t5, press the 6 key is displays 6y,  press the - key it displays -/.....what is strange.... is the touchpad keyboard does not have this problem....Because of my work, my only option was to purchase another pc, and by the way it is not a HP.  In fact it is the third HP PC that I have purchased and everytime something major occurs that turns out to unresolvable (keyboard don't work, overheats, motherboard 'blowsup').  I don't think I'll purchase another HP....Cannot afford the expense, time, anquish and frustation.  If you anyone ever finds a resolution to this problem...I would love to hear about...because....I do like the tablet style PC....but I tired of trying to find a resolution to my 18 month old problem...Good Luck!!!!!!

HP Recommended

Fixed the problem with the keyboard. Replaced it with an HP keyboard from HP parts.

Tried cleaning the board with dish soap and rinsed with isopropyl alcohol (>99%), but didn't help.

See this for replacing the keyboard. I should get a couple keyboards from ebay and keep in stock.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/TX-TM-Series-Notebooks/I-need-a-new-keyboard-for-my-TX2000-Tx2110us/m-p...

dn

HP Recommended

Well, I have the same problem now!. I also know how it happened. I used an external keyboard on my mini laptop. Eversince I have the same problem.

What really pisses me off is the fact that I called HP and they only want to help me when I am willing to pay €20!!

They simply don't help me otherwise; my warranty has just expired!. So much for customer service. This has nothing to do with the machine itself; it's a problem within HP as I can only find this problem with HP!. 

To me this really is the bottom line with HP!. I've been a loyal customer for many years. But this is for me the limit. I am going to buy an Apple now. I cannot use my computer and they only want to help me if I pay!.

Bey bey HP. I hope somebody will post the solution fast, otherwise I will reinstall the **bleep** computer and pass it on to my kids.

HP Recommended

I have the same problem,this problem occured suddenly yesterday....as i have purchased this Laptop this year itself..i am very much tensed for taking this problem....can6 anyone have the solution of this keyboard problem,I will be very very thankful.

b= b5

n= n6

5=b5

6=n6

and so many special characters are behaing differently

Thanks in Advance

HP Recommended

I had this problem before and tried many tweeks to overcome it, but all in vain. After all I took my laptop to service center and they replaced my keyboard with new one. It was under warranty so I didn't pay a single paisa.

I think there is no other solution to this annoying problem except to get ur keyboard replaced.

Regards

HP Recommended

hello Friend i also had this problem with my hp keyboard but finally i have fixed that problem. you only need to press delete key permanently (using a scotch tape)  witch is located in front of aero keys (left side of End key) after doing this check your keyboard it will work perfectly. if this trick worked please inforrm me. thank you

(Disconnect the keyboard if having problem while rebooting system then connect it again on windows startup)

HP Recommended

Is it5 solved bt5w? 

I st5ill have t5he problem which y6ou can see in my6 reply6. 

HP Recommended

Vinoth, was solved by replacing keyboard, was $20 from ebay some years ago.

Regards

Dennis Nobe

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.