Microsoft Touch Pack Installation Fails (5922 Views)
Honor Student
MeadeEM
Message 1 of 7 (5,922 Views)
Accepted Solution

Microsoft Touch Pack Installation Fails

[ Edited ]

I have the TouchSmart tx2-1025dx, and I recently downloaded Microsoft Touch Pack from the Windows 7 Team Blog, located here:

Windows 7 Team Blog - Microsoft Touch Pack for Windows 7 Now Available

I downloaded it, and tried to install it, but I got a message saying that the Touch Pack couldn't install because my computer doesn't support multi-touch. I when to the computer properties and looked, and it says "Pen and Single Touch Input Available." Isn't the tx2 supposed to be a muli-touch computer?

I have Windows 7 Ultimate installed, along with all of the lastest driver/software updates that I can find.

Computer information located here: HP TouchSmart tx2-1025dx Product Information

Student
turohith
Message 2 of 7 (5,904 Views)

Re: Microsoft Touch Pack Installation Fails

I am having the same problem.

Top Student
RaiderMark
Message 3 of 7 (5,895 Views)

Same Problem! I have the Tx2z-1000 CTO. It tells me that I need a computer with at screen that supports at least 2 simultanious touch points. I use multitouch all the time!

Hopefully someone will find a way to fix this soon.

Top Student
RaiderMark
Message 4 of 7 (5,885 Views)

Holy Crap guys, I figured it out! You have to update to the newest version of the N-trig DuoSense software. Just follow the link below and scroll down to the HP TouchSmart tx2 install link. It worked for me, so hopefully it works for you as well.

Let me know if that solved it!

Honor Student
MeadeEM
Message 5 of 7 (5,849 Views)

[ Edited ]

So installing the N-Trig software from the HP Site worked, but software updates did not.

For everyone that has the same problem, here's links to the N-Trig software from HP by Operating System:

Windows 7 64-bit

Windows 7 32-bit

Please note that these links are from the TouchSmart tx2-1025dx Software Download page. You might be better off going to your specific model number and downloading there.

Also, there's a new N-trig update located on the Windows 7 64-bit page that allows up to 4 multi-touch inputs.

Direct Download Links:

N-Trig DuoSense Digitizer Software - 64-bit

N-Trig DuoSense Digitizer Software - 32-bit

Student
arieshp
Message 6 of 7 (2,748 Views)

Microsoft Touch Pack Installation Fails

Mine is HP touchsmart 520.Microsoft touch pack can't be installed -"the process terminated unexpectedly".

Student
glennpollock
Message 7 of 7 (2,399 Views)

For the Touchsmart IQ 500 & 800 seiries you will need : www.nextwindow.com/nextwindow_support/windriver.html
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation