Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Issue<Successfully Resolved>: In device manager, you will see 2 unknown devices.

1. Network Controller
  2. PCI SIMPLE COMMUNICATION CONTROLLER

You will not be able to update the driver from Windows Update or any other source, possibly. This issue has been found specifically for TM2-2050US. The OS would be Windows 7 (64-bit).

One interesting thing that you will notice is there was no FAX/Modem shipped with this model. Hence, you might be confused with the PCI driver.

You will be able to see the following entry in the details tab in the Dev Mgr.

1. Go to device manager and select the NETWORK CONTROLLER from unknown devices.
  2. Right click on it and select "Properties." Now, click on "Details" tab. Click on the drop down and select ‘Hardware ID.’
  3. Right click on both the unknown devices one by one and click uninstall.
  4. Click on Action >> Scan for hardware changes.

Now, click on the below links one by one and install the drivers after downloading them

PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4727&SUBSYS_145C103C&REV_01

Broadcom Wireless LAN Driver for Microsoft Windows 7:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-81598-1&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&...

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3B64&SUBSYS_1488103C&REV_06

Intel Management Engine Interface (MEI) Driver:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-79549-1&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

I have a problem about the wireless drivers G42-360tx notebook pc,
info: Wlan fcc id: QDS-BRCM1051.
PCI \ VEN_14E4 & DEV_4727 & SUBSYS_1483103C & REV_01.
PLEASE HELP, I NEED software

tabun_sandar
HP Recommended

You need to download and install the wireless drivers for the Broadcom device. You may try one of the following drivers depending upon the OS installed.

Broadcom Wireless LAN Driver for Microsoft Windows 7:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&swItem=ob-860...

OR

Broadcom Wireless LAN Driver for Microsoft Windows Vista:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&swItem=ob-887...

HP Recommended

Hi

Dear  Mr./Mrs./HP

I really must thank you..!!! thank you HP.. 

Do You know, So long times, I had this problem. i also don't know .. its happened to my NEW notebook. I also had tried downloaded and installed many wireless driver.. !

but failed...!

Now, I can access my wifi/Internet .. Because i follow that instructions.. and i did well myself without others help.

thanks again yah. its really help me. Good job you have done..!! I Love you darling..

now, I'm so excited.. and going to surf internet.. ! [Personal Information Removed]

thank you darling..  Love you guys...!

HP Recommended

This solution works for HP 4720s with a wireless adapter RT3090BC4 too. It helped me very much, thank you.

HP Recommended

Hi is this driver aviable for windows XP because now I have XP and I cant us my wireless internet because I need driver for network !

Is this driver for Windows XP or there is some other drivers what I need ?

Please help me 🙂

HP Recommended

hi man, i had a rather wierd issue with my wireless controller. it would freeze on me when i turned the Wi Fi on .mouse, keyboard anything! and so i would have no other option but to hardboot the system back on and disable the adapter.i havent been using the my wi fi  in order to stop the sensless system freezes..so i used this solution you posted out of desperation to get it working again and it seems to work for my current problem. incidentally, my system is a pavilion g6 -1052si 64bit! thanks in advance (although ill see what happens in the next few days and see it it really worked or not). great post!! :generic:

HP Recommended

i have a problem with my nnetwork  adapter and pci simple  communication

the hardware ids

NETWORK CONROLLER
PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0036&SUBSYS_18E3103C&REV_01
PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0036&SUBSYS_18E3103C
PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0036&CC_028000
PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0036&CC_0280

PCI SIMPLE COMMUNICATIONS CONTROLLER
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E3A&SUBSYS_1858103C&REV_04
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E3A&SUBSYS_1858103C
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E3A&CC_078000
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E3A&CC_0780

HP Recommended

am having a problem with my network controller and pci simple communication am using  window 7 64 bit

this are the hardware id

NETWORK CONROLLER
PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0036&SUBSYS_18E3103C
PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0036&CC_028000
PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0036&CC_0280

PCI SIMPLE COMMUNICATIONS CONTROLLER
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E3A&SUBSYS_1858103C&REV_04
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E3A&SUBSYS_1858103C
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E3A&CC_078000
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E3A&CC_0780

HP Recommended

Hi,

I followed both steps but I could only successfully install the first one. When I try to download the second one I get an error message saying: "This computer does not the minimum requirements for installing the software.

What do I do in this instance? My wifi was working at first before I installed the  Windows 7 Ultimate.

Please help.

My hardwar id:

PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4727&SUBSYS_1483103C&REV_01

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.