Question

Intern
Guppeh
Message 1 of 2 (485 Views)
Accepted Solution

TM2 - Win7 hangs at splash screen after waking from Sleep and Hibernate

I have been having intermittent problems with the Sleep mode on my TM2T-2200 (Windows7 64-bit) notebook.  Upon waking from Sleep & Hibernation, the system will intermittently have problems with the log-in.  Generally, I will be able to move my mouse cursor around and enter my password -- but on pressing enter, the system will hang at the splash screen, requiring a hard-reboot (by holding down the power key).  Occasionally, I will not even be able to enter my password before it hangs.

The problem seems to happen more in Power-saver mode, but it has occured in "HP Recommended Mode" a couple times now, too.  It sounds very much like the problems reported for other HP models here:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Lockups-Freezes-Hangs/Pavilion-dm4-freezes-when-idle-and-after...

Any suggestions?  Is there any way to know if it is a particular driver or program that is hanging?

Intern
Guppeh
Message 2 of 2 (444 Views)

Re: TM2 - Win7 hangs at splash screen after waking from Sleep and Hibernate

Update:  My problems appear to be related to Comcast's Constant Guard malware protection, and have gone away after uninstalling the program.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation