HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
01-19-2010 05:43 PM
If you right click on your desktop, you will see the option "gadgets". Click on it to see the CPU meter. I have it docked on my screen since I always want to be aware of my CPU usage.
These are the only things that are checked on my startup (and I still have full functionality of my notebook):
1. Synaptics pinting device driver (if you have it unchecked, you rmouse will still work but the dedicated scroll zone won't, so i left it checked)
2. Digital Persona pro
3. Hp wireless assistant (you can have this unchecked, but I prefer seeing the alert "wireless lan: on" because its what tells me that my notebook is finish loading. )
4. hp quick launch buttons
5. microsoft operating system
6. startmen applcation (there are 2 of them on my list, I have them checked both, messing with them causes problems launching mediasmart in my case)
7. mui startmenu application (same reason as above, there are also 2 of them on my list)
8. hp mediasmart menu
I was able to narrow it down to those because I did a trial and error to make sure I would only be disabling things that will not affect the functionality of my tx2. I've been running for months now with that startup configuration without issues. Hope it works for you.
02-02-2011 08:00 PM
I had a loud fan on my tx2-1360ca until I had to take it in when it quit booting. Looks like part of the repair was to replace the fan. No noise now. Of course I'm staying away from multiple windows of Silverlight now, which I think may have contributed to my original symptom. ; )
02-02-2011 10:48 PM
I had this loud noise come from my TX 1120us and found that it was not the fan itself but was the metalic like paper under the fan causing the noise. This may be a possibility for you considering you have tried so many other things involving the hardware involving the fan and the software features for the fan.