Question

Student
Werd_A
Message 1 of 3 (5,037 Views)

Windows 7 & Blu-ray driver

I have just upgraded to Widows 7 64bit Ultimate on my HDX9313TX Notebook PC.

All gone smoothly except my Blu-ray ROM with Super multi DVD drive is now using a microsoft generic driver and acting as a reader only.

I obviously need to get the correct driver. Under devices it is listed as a Mat**bleep**a BD-CMB UJ-120 ATA Device however IM not sure if this is correct.

Any help advice appreciated.

Student
telemekus
Message 2 of 3 (4,770 Views)

Re: Windows 7 & Blu-ray driver

[ Edited ]

Hi how's it going, hope ur doing fine.

I am currently experiencing this exact problem and noted the date of your post. [and also the no-response-so-far]   Did you ever manage to get a fix for this problem?

I have an hp hdx9313tx notebook pc, that I basically bought to play blu-ray's on.  I upgraded from Windows Vista Ultimate x64 to Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and lost blu-ray capability and apparently the quick-play touch buttons don't work properly now either.  It still plays back a regular DVD.

When I put a blu-ray in the drive, it seems to get 'read' but when I click PLAY a message pops up that:                                      "VGA Resource is unavailable.  Playback is not allowed"

So far hp's Support & Drivers pages are not listing any Support & Drivers for for this model running any version of Windows 7.  p/n KU827PA#ABG   HDX9200 series

Anyway I hope you did find a way to sort this and look forward to seeing post update from you.  Thanks very much from Dave.

Student
bjspeed
Message 3 of 3 (2,337 Views)

Re: Windows 7 & Blu-ray driver

hi how are you doing fine i hope i have a hp pavilion dv7 and my blu ray dvd drive is not reading any of my dvd movies and video games can you help me?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation