how to disable action keys and hotkeys?? (3154 Views)
Student
pandarren
Message 1 of 3 (3,154 Views)

how to disable action keys and hotkeys??

Hi, ihave HP G56 Notebook PC

i have all these strange hotkeys on my laptop doing non-standard things.. it's pretty confusing.. Alt-F4 doesn't work anymore, for instance, since the F4 key is now a monitor key.. How can i make it also the F1-F12 keys by default.. like when i press F1 it's just F1.. because when i play a game on my laptop when i press F1 key it doesn't work..

Please Help me!!

Thanks..

Distinguished Professor
Cyclops
Message 2 of 3 (3,136 Views)

Re: how to disable action keys and hotkeys??

You Can disable that functionality by disabling "Action Keys Mode" in the BIOS...

Here is the document, that will help you with it... http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02035108&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&jumpid=reg_R1002_US

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with 'Accept as Solution', if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
Student
RobyMcandrew
Message 3 of 3 (2,675 Views)

Re: how to disable action keys and hotkeys??

Ok, that works for the fn / f1-f12 buttons, but how do I disable the column of action keys down the left hand side of the keyboard. At some point I am going to scream if Power DVD keeps lumbering into life everytime I miss the tab key.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation