Question

Student
Sushar
Message 1 of 11 (45,375 Views)

how to type the rupee symbol in hp pavilion g4?

My HP Pavilion notebook's model is G4, TX series 1202. the key board shows the rupee symbol (bottom right) on the same key as the $ and 4. but i am unable to figure out how to type!

any pointers?

Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 11 (45,373 Views)

Re: how to type the rupee symbol in hp pavilion g4?

Hi,

I think you need font too. Here is another suggestion:

http://www.quickonlinetips.com/archives/2011/07/type-indian-rupee-symbol-with-keyboard-key/

Regards,

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Honor Student
Raviranjani
Message 3 of 11 (43,964 Views)

Indian  Rupee key Symbol in HP PCs

1.             Click Start, and then click Control Panel.

2.             Select Clock, select Language, select Region, and then click Change keyboards or other input methods.

3.             Click Change keyboards, and then click Add.

4.             Scroll down to English (India), and then click the plus sign ( + ) to expand the selections.

5.             Select the Show more check box, select the India check box, and then click OK.

6.             Select English (India) from the Default input language list, and then click Apply to save your selection

To type the rupee symbol, follow these steps:

1.             Press ctrl + shift + 4 keys. (Press three keys at the same time: control plus shift plus number four)

2.             Or, press alt gr + 4. (Press two keys at the same time: alternate or grave plus number 4)

Student
AKSKUMAR
Message 4 of 11 (36,576 Views)

Re: how to type the rupee symbol in hp I5?

I KNOW RIGHI DOWN 4 KEY CONTAIN THE RUPEE SYMBOL ,BUT WHICH KEY IS USE FOR RUPEE SYMBOL

PLZZZZZ

Student
SathishaMS
Message 5 of 11 (36,403 Views)

Alt+4 not Alt Gr+4 etc are not working

1.             Click Start, and then click Control Panel.

2.             Select Clock, select Language, select Region, and then click Change keyboards or other input methods.

3.             Click Change keyboards, and then click Add.

4.             Scroll down to English (India), and then click the plus sign ( + ) to expand the selections.

5.             Select the Show more check box, select the India check box, and then click OK. (This option is not there)

6.             Select English (India) from the Default input language list, and then click Apply to save your selection

Student
Centracting
Message 6 of 11 (36,240 Views)

dear sir

I want to ask that how i can use the Rupee symbole . with shift button $ sign appear and without that 4 appear

Student
vignesh_viki
Message 7 of 11 (35,511 Views)

THANKS IT WORKED FOR ME...!!!
Student
johnykabraham
Message 8 of 11 (22,373 Views)

I could complete upto 'select English India'.  But in the key board check up box the option 'Indian English Keyboard' is not there.

Student
Rudrajit
Message 9 of 11 (7,962 Views)

My HP Pavilion notebook's model is G4, TX series 1202. the key board shows the rupee symbol (bottom right) on the same key as the $ and 4. but i am unable to figure out how to type!

any pointers?

Student
spc_123
Message 10 of 11 (1,885 Views)

SPC

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation