Question

Tutor
shubhijk
Message 1 of 14 (8,811 Views)

hp pavilion tx2110us drivers for windows 7

hello,

i have a hp pavilion tx2110us entertainment notebook (tablet). i recently upgraded from vista home to windows ultimate. i have a few issues with this. i would be very happy if someone could help me here.

1. the tablet buttons (on the side of the scree dont work), just the settings one works...the rotate, the dvd one dont! i had installed some driver seeing the forum but it only solved a part of the problem. i.e. the settings button for tablet. can i find the drivers for it somewhere??

2. there is no fingerprint recognition  any more. though its not a big problem but i feel i am not getting what i paid for...;-)

3. the images when opened in fax viewer or anyother prog seem stretched. i tried to set the screen resolution but it shows on the highest. my driver should be nvidia but currently it is standard vga. where can i find the driver for this....it is not on the hp site....i have a 32 bit os.

4. even the software updates avalaible on hp site dont work some how. i even tried the vista ones but it says it cant load them as i have windows 7.

thank you.

Provost
Daniel_Potyrala
Message 2 of 14 (8,791 Views)

Re: hp pavilion tx2110us drivers for windows 7

Hi,

shubhijk wrote:

1. the tablet buttons (on the side of the scree dont work), just the settings one works...the rotate, the dvd one dont! i had installed some driver seeing the forum but it only solved a part of the problem. i.e. the settings button for tablet. can i find the drivers for it somewhere??

HP QuickPlay here (ver 3.7 v.6112 for 32/64 bit Win7)

Note:

HP QuickPlay must be installed before HP Quick Launch Buttons.

HP Quick Launch Buttons here (ver 6.50.16.1 for 32/64 bit Win7)

shubhijk wrote:

2. there is no fingerprint recognition  any more. though its not a big problem but i feel i am not getting what i paid for...;-)

Check below guide:

DigitalPersona, AuthenTec fingerprint and Windows 7

shubhijk wrote:

3. the images when opened in fax viewer or anyother prog seem stretched. i tried to set the screen resolution but it shows on the highest. my driver should be nvidia but currently it is standard vga. where can i find the driver for this....it is not on the hp site....i have a 32 bit os.

1.Open Windows Update by clicking the Start button Start.png, clicking ' All Programs ', and then clicking ' Windows Update '.

2.In the left pane, click ' Check for updates ' , and then wait while Windows looks for the latest updates for your computer.

3.Select the ' Optional Updates ' and install from there only driver for Your graphic card.

shubhijk wrote:

4. even the software updates avalaible on hp site dont work some how. i even tried the vista ones but it says it cant load them as i have windows 7.

When normal installation of Vista driver fails, then try to run unsuccessfully installed file in Compatibility Mode (Windows Vista, Windows Vista Service Pack 1 and Windows Vista Service Pack 2).

Resources:

Make older programs run in this version of Windows

How to Run a Program in Compatibility Mode in Windows 7

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon which is on the left. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **

Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer
Tutor
shubhijk
Message 3 of 14 (8,685 Views)

hey,

thank you so much for the quick reply. there are a few issues.

1. i installed both the quick play, and the buttons drivers. there are 4 buttons on the side of my screen. a DVD, quick play, settings, and rotate screen. the last one still doesnt work. i went and checked in the control panel for the button driver and it cant detect it still. so basically my screen does not rotate still. ;-(  even when i pree the settings button, the screen orientation setting does not come! will i ever get this right?

2. i dont have an active connection on my laptop. as in i cant be on net for too long to get windows updates. is there a way to download the display driver other than updating my drivers from the internet?

thanks again....really appreciate it.

Provost
Daniel_Potyrala
Message 4 of 14 (8,675 Views)

[ Edited ]

shubhijk wrote:

i dont have an active connection on my laptop. as in i cant be on net for too long to get windows updates. is there a way to download the display driver other than updating my drivers from the internet?

So we will install network drivers to solve this problem. :smileyhappy:

Install as first driver for chipset / lan card:

NVIDIA nForce Chipset/Network here

After installtion of this driver You need to restart your system. This is very important.

Driver for wireless card:

Broadcom wireless here

Both this drivers are normally on your support page for Vista system, but they will work great under Windows 7 too.

Only If for some reason wireless driver will not work great then uninstall it first and install latest version released by HP:

Broadcom Wireless here (ver 5.60.48.35  for 32/64 bit Win7)

Resource:
Uninstalling Software in Windows 7

Uninstall or change a program in Windows 7

Most of Vista drivers should work under Windows 7. You may find all of them here.

When normal installation will fail, then try to run unsuccessfully installed file in Compatibility Mode (Windows Vista, Windows Vista Service Pack 1 and Windows Vista Service Pack 2).

Resources:

Make older programs run in this version of Windows

How to Run a Program in Compatibility Mode in Windows 7

If even this will fail then use Windows Update as I said before and install drivers from optional section.

I don't have much knowledge about tablets, but according to other post on this board Wacom Digitizer Driver solves problem with rotation.

This answer was wrong. According to this topic solution on problem with rotation is installation of HP Quick Launch Buttons and Graphic driver.

Important informations!

You've got nVidia graphic card and AMD processor. Because of that You should check temperature of your GPU.

If it's high then You should install driver for graphic card from Windows Update as fast as it's possible.

How You may check Your notebook CPU (processor), GPU (graphic card), motherboard or HDD temperature?

To do that use HWMonitor (free and recommended).

PS.

If You will still have any problems then let me know about it.

I will try to help You.

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **

Honor Student
jonni
Message 5 of 14 (8,605 Views)

Thanks for the info on the HW monitor, that will come in handy. One observation I have is that it is really picky about where it is plugged in. It does not like extension cords, circuits shared with fans. Not only the laptop gets really hot, but the power brick does, too.

I have a tx2110 with Win7/64 ultimate.

I updated the n-trig on May 1, according to system restore, from the HP website.

Starting June 30, I am getting extreme ghost clicks, to the point that the thing is not usable. It takes many minutes, but eventaully it is possible to open explorer with a right click on the start button and do a search for n-trig, then reset it. But it is back when you log on as a different user or when it is rebooted. I have restored back to June 1, which eliminates all the assorted Windows and Adobe updates in the last month.  I know it doesn't like flourescent lights and have ruled that out.

1) Is there an easy way to go back to the previous driver, if for no other reason than to rule it out?

2) Is there something that could have broken it  since May 1 that would not have shown up for 2 months?

3) Any sort of diagnostics or troubleshooting I can do? Nothing is showing up on the device diagnostics.

4) Anything else I'm missing or is this a hardware failure of some sort? (which doesn't make any sense since it can be reset)

Any help appreciated.

Provost
Daniel_Potyrala
Message 6 of 14 (8,577 Views)

@jonni

Hi,

Some things which You may want to check:

How To Roll Back a Driver in Windows 7

High temperature

Tutor
shubhijk
Message 7 of 14 (8,535 Views)

[ Edited ]

hey,

thanks for the information....

i installed the wacom though....one more button works now!! yeye ;-)

1. i installed the fingerprint driver but, in the devices it shows the fingerprint sensor, but in the control panel it does not show any biometric devices which i can edit! what to do now?

2. and its not that i dont have drivers to connect to the net, i cannot be connected to the internet for long as i dont have connection. is there a way to download the drivers....i have also downloaded the HP Total care, assistant. that doesnt help too! ;-(

Provost
Daniel_Potyrala
Message 8 of 14 (8,532 Views)

[ Edited ]

shubhijk wrote:

1. i installed the fingerprint driver but, in the devices it shows the fingerprint sensor, but in the control panel it does not show any biometric devices which i can edit! what to do now?

As it is written in guide FAQ it will never be detected there. Why? Beucase this software which You installed is not integrated with Windows 7. Read whole this guide and You will find all answers.

shubhijk wrote:

h2. and its not that i dont have drivers to connect to the net, i cannot be connected to the internet for long as i dont have connection. is there a way to download the drivers....i have also downloaded the HP Total care, assistant. that doesnt help too! ;-(

I gave You lan and network  drivers. So what's the problem?

You may copy them on pendrive or burn on CD. Then copy them on your tablet and install them.

I hope then both this answers will help You.

Provost
Daniel_Potyrala
Message 9 of 14 (8,530 Views)

[ Edited ]

shubhijk wrote:

hey,

thanks for the information....

i installed the wacom though....one more button works now!! yeye ;-)

Could You write which button started to work for You after installing this driver.

Tutor
shubhijk
Message 10 of 14 (8,390 Views)

hey,

thanks for the help.

the fingerprint reader works and more than i expected.....as in i can log onto my emails also with it wow!!!

the quick launch buttons also work, just the rotate one doesn't. ;-(

and the graphic driver i couldn't locate too....

but thanks again.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation