Question

Grad Student
lmann
Message 1 of 5 (35,113 Views)
Accepted Solution

hpwuSchd Application

hi.  Looking at "Services" and "Startup" processes on a tx2500z, what is hpwuSchd Application?  Thnx.

Professor
Charles001
Message 2 of 5 (35,131 Views)

this is the scheduler for hp software update

it checks with hp periodically if there are newer updates out there. You were prompted what frequency you want it to run the check.

======================================================================================
* I am an HP employee. *

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **

***Click on White “Kudos” STAR to say thanks!***
Student
CajsLilDevil69
Message 3 of 5 (27,902 Views)

Re: this is the scheduler for hp software update

Can this updater be unchecked at start up?

Student
RichardK45
Message 4 of 5 (27,713 Views)

Yes, it can be unchecked at startup. Click the Start (Widows button) and type msconfig.exe, press enter and then click the Startup tab and look for that file  hpwuSched Application, uncheck it (untick), click OK and then reboot. However, do you really want to do this?  Maybe you have an HP printer and maybe this would also apply to it. I have threatened to uncheck it many times because it always runs at the wrong time (during  heavy processor time)(game etc.)... bogs the laptop down to a crawl.  I have Win7 and an i3 proc. What if it happened during the burning of a DVD or when I was recording my keyboard (piano) music... bad timing!  Not only that, but there has not been an HP update for this laptop since it was six months old in 2011. It's 5-5-12 as I write this. Any updates for say, audio or chipset etc. have come through Microsoft's Windows Updates which come out the second tuesday of every month and for the video, I go directly to http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect?iid=dc_iduu and run its analyzer and then click expand all.

Student
bfjl86
Message 5 of 5 (19,595 Views)

would this cause my system to randomly pull up and close the typical black C: prompt screens if it found an update? i think i have it where it doesnt have to prompt me for installing new updates and my computer freaked out a few minutes ago with C: prompt screens, reminiscent of when i installed my HP software, but better safe than sorry i believe.

Note: i'm now running Win8 on an HP tower with an HP wifi printer so who knows what could have updated

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation