tx1000 Series Laptop Failure - PLEASE READ (10930 Views)
Honor Student
condezita
Message 111 of 132 (1,060 Views)

Re: tx1000 Series Laptop Failure - PLEASE READ

there is here something really funny I must share with all of you.  After hours of researching about this problem with my tablet, I found a "home made" solution, there was a spanish blog, explaining the problem and suggesting that if you turn on the tablet, which will led up and turn on the fan, and cover it for about 45 to 60 minutes with some towels, in order to really heat up the motherboard, and once it is hot, as much as to burn your skin, you turn it off and let it cool for another 45 to 60 minutes, it will temporary fix the problem, long enough so you can back up your data.  The person suggesting this temporary fix had to do this 3 times before it really worked, I did it just once and voila! it worked, I am backing up my files right now and using my laptop to share the story with all of you.

I hope this helps some folks that like me, had lost suddenly all their work.  Good luck and keep me posted in case HP will assume some responsibilty. 

Tutor
thecaring1
Message 112 of 132 (1,041 Views)

Thank U will see!

Student
GregoryKnight
Message 113 of 132 (761 Views)

I am having the same problem with my tx2000 everything lights up like it should but the screen remains black i did every thing except crack open the case. i spoke to hp over the weekend but they were no help all they wanted was my CC info for tele phone support.......help please...

Honor Student
spicey
Message 114 of 132 (596 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Please can you send me info who to contact with my notebook? I had all these :smileysurprised:  overheating, network card failure, motherboard failure, black screen, laptop not booting, etc.

Now is finally gave up  and cannot be restarted due to motherboard failure.( which was already fixed once:smileysad:  ) I had use cooling fan with 3 fans  and still did not stop process of overheating :smileysad:  .

It is shame that HP didn't recall such bad product !

Thank you for any feedback.

Marcela

Student
Roman362
Message 115 of 132 (577 Views)

My HP Pavilion tx 1000 is died. Problem is the same: overheating, wifi network card failure, motherboard failure, black screen, laptop not booting. Is this a good named company?

Top Student
Bruno3
Message 116 of 132 (570 Views)

Has everyone been informed that all TX1xxx series notebooks are being repaced and reembursed for repairs by NVIDIA. There was a class action suit and was approved. I did not get any noticed I found it through searching the internet. It is nothing to do with HP NVIDIA decided to settle not admitting to any wrong doing but all hp TX1xxx are included along with some other hp and compact notebooks. Dell ande apple I think are geting repairs.anyone needing information please just mssage me and I will give you what I can to help.So dont sell or get rid of these notebook because you have to return them. I looked up the replacements not to my complete satisfaction but it is a lot better than having one that does nothing at all 

Tutor
thecaring1
Message 117 of 132 (563 Views)

Re: tx1000 Series Laptop Failure - PLEASE READ /asap

"Has everyone been informed that all TX1xxx series notebooks are being repaced and reembursed for repairs by NVIDIA. There was a class action suit and was approved. I did not get any noticed I found it through searching the internet. It is nothing to do with HP NVIDIA decided to settle not admitting to any wrong doing but all hp TX1xxx are included along with some other hp and compact notebooks. Dell ande apple I think are geting repairs.anyone needing information please just mssage me and I will give you what I can to help.So dont sell or get rid of these notebook because you have to return them. I looked up the replacements not to my complete satisfaction but it is a lot better than having one that does nothing at all."

Check out NVIDIA site! I did put the information out when I first found it, so I'm glad someone else repeated it. U can fill out claim asap!

Tutor
thecaring1
Message 118 of 132 (562 Views)

Please go to the NVIDIA Settlement site. Google it!

Tutor
matt198992
Message 119 of 132 (537 Views)

guys. to be kept up to date on the litigation and the replacements, PLEASE refer to THIS:

http://forum.notebookreview.com/hp-pavilion-notebooks/541751-nvidia-class-action-fairness-hearing-to...

This is more or less the main meeting place. news will be posted as soon as we hear it, as well as any questions you have we can help you with.

for the litigation site, refer to this:

http://www.nvidiasettlement.com/index.html

also... i would not suggest covering your laptop in towels while on. while this may "warm up" the motherboard, this also CONSIDERABLY warms up the processor. you could potention fry the whole computer by doing this....

Top Student
Bruno3
Message 120 of 132 (535 Views)

I made it to those sites thanks you. I registered there and posted. Thanks a lot. I didnt know there was such a down grade thanks gain.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation