Question

Honor Student
tlamb1332
Message 1 of 4 (1,994 Views)

tx1220us drivers for windows 7

Ok so I've had my tx1220us tablet pc for a couple of years now... just recently upgraded to Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit. My main issue comes down to drivers... HP doesn't seem to offer any Windows 7 drivers or softpaks. I would love for my quicklaunch buttons to work, but the latest vista softpak wont install, giving me errors. Probably the worst part of all, however, comes to my lightscribe dvd/cd writer. Fully functional under Vista, but once 7 was installed, it started acting funny. It will read AND burn dvd's but it will only read some cd's and will not burn blank ones. It gives the error that there is no disc in the drive... Anybody have suggestions... I'm not as concerned about the quick launch buttons, but i definitely need to get this drive working... BTW it's a GSA-T20L combo drive. Thanks for any help!

Tutor
jonniva
Message 2 of 4 (1,987 Views)

Re: tx1220us drivers for windows 7

supported notebooks for win7 here:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01859348&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&product=3439724&lan...

When I put your product number in under drivers, I don't see win7 as an option, meaning HP doesn't have drivers for you.

But, you could try drivers for other similar products - I sure wouldn't try a bios, tho.

There is new lightscribe software sp46011

mediasmart dvd software: sp45690

half a dozen versions of quick launch buttons (none of which work on my tablet, which is win7 supported)

Search on the bold terms at the hp support/customer care page.

You can also go to the webpage for lightscribe and look for drivers there.

I think you will need hp dvd software  also as the programs hp gave us under vista don't seem to be supported under win7

sp45690 
Honor Student
tlamb1332
Message 3 of 4 (1,975 Views)

Thanks for the advice, but so far i've tried installing both Lightscribe software and putting newest releases of HP stuff on here to no avail... The funniest part about all of this is that I talked to HP tech support, and their response was, "i'm sorry, we don't offer support for windows 7 on your device. We don't recommend upgrading/downgrading operating systems." (... is that possibly a marketing scheme of theirs to make me buy a new laptop, haha. ) No way I'd ever go back to Vista (especially the 32-bit stock version it came with), my computer is 8,329x faster on 7-64.

Student
ricardomacedo
Message 4 of 4 (1,830 Views)

Hi,

I have also a TX1220US, now running Windows 7. I've installed the drivers for Vista (x86) 32bits and almost everything is working fine. I don't use lightscribe function, so I can't say anything about this feature, but I miss the fingerprint feature and until now I can't put it to work under Windos7.

My QuickPlay buttons are working fine, remote control, bluetooth, video, cardreader,wireless, camera, touchpad, audio.

If someone has a solution for fingerprint driver please inform.

Best Regards,

Ricardo

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation