Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

HP P'smart C4280 Mac V10.68 did d'load hrs ago new s/w but not scanning as it did b4 I bot a UIO scanner. Suspect conflicting s'ware? Several pages of notes from the hours spent trying to solve and most recent error = "door not shut" which I've seen b4. After the d'load did check 4 s/w u/dates (1) HPv 2.8 = 36.2 mb & (2) Jave for Mac 10.6 V2.8 7.5 mb. This last d'load did put "scan" button up next to "Import" as it was in older s'ware. but Restart = no scan via keyboard & no scan via printer/scanner button. 

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

I have a HP Office Jet 8500 PSC for 5 months now and it scanned about 3 documents. I have a Macbook on a home network and used it as a wireless network device and it worked once or twice. Then I wired it and used it as a wired network device. This worked once or twice. Then stopped working. Now I have it plugged into the macbook and used it as a USB device. It worked oncde and now it doesn't work anymore. It prints fine but no scanning. I paid $200 for this thing and I got screwed. HP has tried to fix it many times. I even had it exchanged and the exchanged unit had the same problem. Please do not buy this product. I would suggest buying a scanner only device that does a proper job. I will not buy HP again. Anything will be an improvement.

HP Recommended

I agree.  Having the same problem.  Really need to speak to a techie but no way with HP.  Won't buy one again.

HP Recommended

This place is for the birds you never get an answer to your questions. I will never buy a hp printer again.

HP Recommended

have you try reinstal the driver ?

[Personal Information Removed]

HP Recommended

Yes I did but since then I went and downloaded the Corporate copy and that fixed the problem. So if anyone else has this problem please tell them that works. I almost got rid of that printer because I need that scanner for my business and it took me weeks of uninstalling and reinstalling and getting no where. They need better support for that problem.

HP Recommended

I was able to scan a photo about 10 days ago ... and in the meantime, I had to change my aol password because my account had been hacked.  Since then, I cannot scan from the 8500 ProOfficeJet .  The screen comes up with "Username or password are incorrect.Make sure both user account and password are valid.  I cannot figure out how to change my password on the HP account to match my new aol password.  Is that all I need to do to fix this?

HP Recommended

scanner says it has no scanner options and to refer to documentation which doesn't mention scanning troublehsooting. Any suggestions?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.