HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
08-19-2009 02:21 AM
I`ve been looking at this piece of technology and I must say that I`m impressed and very likely to buy it but my biggest dilemma is if I will be able to upgrade some parts later. We all know how technology advances and the requirements of the new SW and games specially might slow down this computer in time.
Basically, what I would like to know is:
- what motherboard has this PC?
- what CPU`s are possible to equip the MB with? i know that the max Thermal Design Power should be 35W, does it accept lower?
- does it accept higher FSB (1066MHz) CPU`s?
- i guess that it`s equipped with a 800MHz RAM, is it possible to install higher frequency (1066MHz - DDR3) memory?
- what version is the MXM port and what GPU`s are "seen" by the motherboard?
- how much memory does it support and what is the configuration of the memory (number of modules) when is bought? is there any place left for later upgrading? (even though, 4 GB is more then enough for home use)
- how many HDD slots does it have?
Thanks a lot and I hope you`ll be able to help me with this one