HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
12-03-2009 05:16 PM
I have an HP TouchSmart IQ506 and recently updated to Windows 7. Everything seemed OK bu I have a constatnt video screen flicker. Then downloaded and installed all the updates from the HP site. I still have the flicker.
Where do I go from here?
12-03-2009 09:32 PM - edited 12-03-2009 09:39 PM
1. Install winrar (search google)
2. Download this driver "NVIDIA GeForce 9300M GS Graphics BIOS and Driver Update" this is The HP Vista x64 driver from the download drivers support web site for your computer
3. Once you have copied this driver to you Local Hard drive, using file explorer, right click the file and extract to sp37523\...
4. Once you have extracted all the files from sp37523.exe, navigate to the \sp37523\src_Driver and run setup.exe
5. Your screen will go blank - don't be alarmed! then it will re-appear and you need to reboot.
6. Enjoy your PC! Make sure to add feedback to the drivers page so hp can fix this in their win7 drivers, oh and kudos,to me please cause i'm sick of this and hp have yet to address it...
01-08-2010 10:01 AM
i have a hp pavillion dv9000z (AMD turion x2, geforce go 7600 256mb) and get teh same flicker. I have all the newest drivers and bios update. One thing i found which may help, is that if i play a video (youtube, etc.) the flicker goes away. If you just minimize, then you're good to go.
Although if anyone out there knows how to truly fix this bug, i'd greatly appreciate it. thanks
01-08-2010 03:52 PM
Turn off NVIDIA PowerMizer.
Please post rather than send me a Message. It's good for the community and I might not be able to get back quickly. - Thank you.
02-11-2010 10:51 AM
hi,i have the same problem...i tried downloading the update you posted up but i got a thing saying "your system does not meet the minimum requirements for this update. Update has been canceclled. (9998)"