HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
12-10-2009 12:33 PM
I have a IQ830IT, upgraded to Windows7 with the HP upgrade disc. All the updates installed.
The 3 side buttons controlling volume are not working anymore.
Tried to reinstall the acpi buttons drivers again but no difference (actually gives an error).
12-10-2009 08:56 PM
this should work - if it does i expect a kudos from u.... you'll need to install the hp vista drivers they work on win7 as well.
1. download and install winrar. (please use google)
2. once u have installed winrar download to your local disk drive this file
Microsoft Windows Vista (64-bit)
Original Keyboard, Buttons and OSD ACPI Driver and Application
3. once you have a copy of sp41017.exe on your local drive, use windows file explorer right click on the file sp41017.exe and select "extract to ..\sp41017" to extract the contents of the file.
4. navigate to sp41017\src_* directory and run the KBsetup.exe or setup.exe files
6. come back and click kudos!
02-23-2012 03:43 PM
Jim's answer is the common and reliable fix for this issue, it's always worked in the past for folks with this issue.
Uninstall ALL the new Keyboard/button app features, then install the older Vista keyboard/button software.