Question

Student
tap209
Message 1 of 2 (3,911 Views)

Bluetooth Peripheral Device

Nothing on my IQ524 has changed since I bought it. I regularly run the MS updates and keep my NOD32 antivirus updated as well. My problem is that in the device manager there is a bluetooth device that i cant seem to find the driver for. I've made sure there aren't any bluetooth devices around. I've even went as far as to reinstall with the recovery partition. And yet, every time I turn on my pc, it wants to install that bluetooth device. Please help. Going crazy!
Distinguished Professor
RasterBlaster
Message 2 of 2 (3,901 Views)

Re: Bluetooth Peripheral Device

On my IQ504 I see a listing for "+ Bluetooth Radios" and under it are two things:

- HP Integrated Module with bluetooth 2.0 Wireless technology

- Microsoft Bluetooth enumerator

I suspect that you don't have the HP reference??? and instead have an unknown device listing somewhere?

Anyway, regardless... you should go into HP Recovery Manager and reinstall the HP Bluetooth Module "driver".

1. Start
  2. All Programs
  3. PC Help & Tools
  4. Recovery Manager
  5. Click Advanced button
  6. Select Reinstall hardware drivers...
  7. Next
  8. Select HP Bluetooth Module
  9. Follow the prompts.
... an HP employee expressing his own opinion.
Please post rather than send me a Message. It's good for the community and I might not be able to get back quickly. - Thank you.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation