Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

@mojados79 wrote:

Hello SomeIOguh,

What I ended up doing was installing the next CPU down the list. It is a A8-3800. When I did this, everything worked fine.

No issues to date and I am happy with the upgrade. Thank you for trying to work on the situation. I think the problem was the power issue.  The A8-3800 has a lower power rating. I thinks its 95w. So I don't know what happened with my motherboard. Thank you all for the help.

Can you tell me how? When I tred I got black screen.

HP Recommended
I just plugged in the new processor, put it back together, and turned it on. It took a little longer than normal but the bios recognized the new chip. It took about 5 minutes for it to install whatever. Then it was like new 😀. Maybe it's the wrong processor? When I put the A3850, a blue screen popped up saying that this processor was detected but not compatible with my computer. Hopefully this helps.
HP Recommended

What BIOS? I have 7.15 and it is not recognizing the A8-3800 at all; I just get a black screen.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.