Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I'm also having problems with flies hitting my screen. I own an HP Pavilion 20-f394 TouchSmart all-in-one. I've tried the suggestions on this thread and nothing works. When I open the pen and touch settings in control panel, there is no place to click off use of the finger to interact with the screen. I can't find any touch screen capabilities/configuration setting either. During fly season, I won't be able to use my computer if I can't turn off the touch screen. I am a writer, so that will be an extreme inconvenience. Please help!

HP Recommended

i had went to the control panel>pen and touch section, but do not have the finger option, why like this ?

previously, i can touch screen, but suddenly do not know why it unable to touch screen TTTT

HP Recommended

at the human interface device there, i didn't have touch screen option. Why like that?

HP Recommended

@b2utymei93 wrote:

at the human interface device there, i didn't have touch screen option. Why like that?

You may have to reverse the fix if you want to enable your touch. But maybe something else is wrong if your touch just stopped working.

HP Recommended

I have an HP Envy Rove and it has windows 8.0 preinstalled.  I recently purchased from Costco and did all the initial opening it up, getting it running about a month ago.  Then it sat off for about a month.  Now I wanted to get it going again.   The touch screen appears to be automatically clicking on the left side of the screen continually (as if someone was touching it constantly).  I have tried restarting, taking batteries out of keyboard, mouse, etc but everytime I restart it, it does this and I can barely try to get into settings control panel.  I tried using the directions noted to shut off the touch screen.  The noted steps are not available options (you cannot turn off pen in my version).   After about 10 minutes, this stops, and then I am able to download windows updates and then when it restarts after the update, it does this thing again, preventing me from using the computer.

Any suggestions?

P

HP Recommended

Thank you Lil.Liebe for the actual solution to this sometimes-maddening problem. All it takes is one gnat to drive you crazy !

Lil.Liebe's post from page 2 of this thread:

These instructions are for Windows 8. To get to Device Manager in Windows 7, click the Start button, and then type Device Manager in the search field. Select Device Manager from the search results.

1. Press the Windows logo key + X.
  2. Select Device Manager from the list.
  3. Click the little arrow next to Human Interface Devices to expand the list.
  4. Click the touch screen driver (in my case, NextWindow Voltron Touch Screen).
  5. Right-click, and select Disable from the list.
  6. Click Yes on the dialog box that asks if you are sure you want to disable the touch screen driver.

When you want your touch screen to work again, follow the process above, EXCEPT when right-clicking the touch screen driver, select Enable.

~Lil.Liebe

Thanks Again, this worked perfectly and allows me to simply re-enable the touch screen if I so desire !

FYI...On my Touchsmart 610-1250xt (Win 8.1) it was listed in Device Manager, under Human Interface Devices, as "HID-compliant touch screen."

UPDATE 09/07/2014 - I forgot to add a caveat...this needs to be done after every reboot on my TS 610-1250xt. After rebooting, it appears in Device Manager as if it is still disabled but it's not. I simply have to 'enable' the device and then immediately 'disable' it again.

RockoC

HP Recommended

Thanks so much, RockoC, for the Kudo, but especially for the kind comments. I love it when I am able to help people. You made my day!

~Lil.Liebe

Clicking the white KUDOS THUMBS UP ThumbsUp.jpg on the right is a way to say thanks!
Click Accept as Solution on a reply that solves your issue to help others in search of answers.

HP Recommended

hi
plz someone help me
i do all about solution but all didnt work
i cant uncheck finger in pen and touch cuz i dont have this box
i try device manager human interface and i dont have screen option all of are HID-COMPLIANT DEVICES 
and i dont have hp config in my control pannel is there more solution help me plz

HP Recommended

@irrenn13 wrote:

i try device manager human interface and i dont have screen option all of are HID-COMPLIANT DEVICES 
and i dont have hp config in my control pannel is there more solution help me plz

In Device Manager, disable "HID-compliant device" one at a time, then test the touch. Keep doing until the touch is disabled.

HP Recommended

@Lil.Liebe wrote:

@lil-liebe wrote:

Hi Britt, I have successfully turned of my touchscreen using the method below.

You didn't state which model or operating system you have. If my solution doesn't help you, could you repost with complete model number and operating system (such as Windows XP, Windows 8, etc).

These instructions are for Windows 8. To get to Device Manager in Windows 7, click the Start button, and then type Device Manager in the search field. Select Device Manager from the search results.

1. Press the Windows logo key + X.
  2. Select Device Manager from the list.
  3. Click the little arrow next to Human Interface Devices to expand the list.
  4. Click the touch screen driver (in my case, NextWindow Voltron Touch Screen).
  5. Right-click, and select Disable from the list.
  6. Click Yes on the dialog box that asks if you are sure you want to disable the touch screen driver.

When you want your touch screen to work again, follow the process above, EXCEPT when right-clicking the touch screen driver, select Enable.

Perfect. Worked for me on Windows 7.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.