Question

Student
colourblind
Message 1 of 3 (1,275 Views)

Deciding between the Sony Vaio L and Touchsmart

Hi

I am deciding to buy either the Sony Vaio/ Touchsmart. Does anyone have both to compare?

Currently have weighed out the pros and con

Pros of HP : 

up till i570 intel (sony france sells only the i330 model)

Pros of Sony : 

the OS is more refine and beautiful, love the photos application layout

uploading photos to facebook - big thing for me here as the TouchSmart can't do this. It is a lot more convenient being able to upload my photos directly from the Sony L photos application. 

Advice welcome! Thanks 

Tutor
Diony5u5
Message 2 of 3 (1,243 Views)

Re: Deciding between the Sony Vaio L and Touchsmart

Hi,

I had a Sony for couple of days and the thing that put me off was the constant noise of the Fan.  I was replacing a iMac that was virtually silent.  The fans in the Sony seem to run at high speed even when the processor is not loaded.  Much more audible than the HP which has a separate power brick.

However, I am disappointed with the HP 600 using the HDMI input from Laptop (which unfortunately I didn't have the chance to check on the Sony). Sony screen is great and the machine has faster processors.

Tutor
WantHPIQ800
Message 3 of 3 (1,160 Views)

Re: Deciding between the Sony Vaio L and Touchsmart

I am not sure where you are getting that the 600 series only goes up to the i5...

It actually has the i7 (720 or 820), and has had them for a little while now...

The HP is a much better looking computer, IMO

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation