Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
EliteOne800
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

When I change the volume on my Monitor, I get the"Display Tune Exception" error which says:

Exeption caught:

Method: .ctor

Parameters:  String message, Exception innterException

Class:  DTueInterface.DTException

Exception:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I managed to solve my problem:

1. I uninstalled the HP My Display app using Control Panel.

2. I went to the Support page of the Portrait Displays web site (http://www.portrait.com/support.html), selected the right product from the drop down list.

3. I clicked on the Downloads link on the left of the next page.

3. At the bottom of the page where it says "If your original CD has been lost or damaged...", I clicked on the 'click here' link.

4. I filled in the information at the bottom of the next page and ownloaded the latest software.

5. I installed the software, and the problem was solved.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

@LaurieMX 

‎Thank you for using HP Support Forum. I have brought your issue to the appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post ( serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with the Forum's private messaging please click here to learn more.

Thank you,
Omar

I Work for HP
HP Recommended

I still have the problem rep[orted above. Is a fix likely?

HP Recommended

Does anyone monitor these threads and respond to issues?

HP Recommended

I guess the answer is NO - no one monitors and responds to these threads...

HP Recommended

Hi Omar-E, 

Did we ever get a solution to this problem?

Thanks,

Laurie

HP Recommended

Has there been any update on this? I have the same problem.

HP Recommended

I managed to solve my problem:

1. I uninstalled the HP My Display app using Control Panel.

2. I went to the Support page of the Portrait Displays web site (http://www.portrait.com/support.html), selected the right product from the drop down list.

3. I clicked on the Downloads link on the left of the next page.

3. At the bottom of the page where it says "If your original CD has been lost or damaged...", I clicked on the 'click here' link.

4. I filled in the information at the bottom of the next page and ownloaded the latest software.

5. I installed the software, and the problem was solved.

Hope this helps.

HP Recommended

See response to message below...

HP Recommended

Thanks so much for this, it worked for me.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.