Question

Honor Student
TomTinKC
Message 1 of 5 (2,127 Views)

External disk drive for HP Pavilion TouchSmart 11 Notebook

I need to download Office 2007 from disk onto my Touchsmart.  Can I purchase an external drive to do this and if so, any ideas on the most feasible drive that doesn't break the bank?  Thanks.

Regents Professor
TheOldMan
Message 2 of 5 (2,120 Views)

Re: External disk drive for HP Pavilion TouchSmart 11 Notebook

The question and terms used do not seem right.  Is the question about installing the Office 2007 on a different drive than the drive of the Touchsmart?  "I need to download Office 2007 from disk onto my Touchsmart."

Please explain what it is that is meant by this request.

{---------- Please click the "Thumbs Up" to say thanks for helping.
Please click "Accept As Solution" if my help has solved your problem. ----------}

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I do not work for HP.
Honor Student
TomTinKC
Message 3 of 5 (2,112 Views)

No.  The TouchSmart does not have an internal drive.  I have already purchased Office 2007 on disk, and therefore I want to be able to install it on my TouchSmart.  I wanted to know if I can attach an external disk drive to do this.  Not that savvy here, so just wanted to know if this was feasible, or if I will simply have to re-purchase a download of Office 2007 online.  Thanks.

Regents Professor
TheOldMan
Message 4 of 5 (2,107 Views)

[ Edited ]

After checking the specs on the TouchSmart 11, I see what you are meaning is "it does not have a CD/DVD drive" and it does have an internal hard drive.  An external CD/DVD drive will solve the problem and I would assume it to come in handy later for other uses besides installing Office.  If you shop around, an external CD/DVD drive can be found that is rather inexpensive and still do the job.  If you are not planning to write DVD's, they are even less expensive but seriously, I would buy one of the CD/DVD writers.  See here for some examples: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_1_9?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=external%20dvd%20dr... or here:  http://www.newegg.com/External-CD-DVD-Blu-Ray-Drives/SubCategory/ID-420?Tpk=external%20dvd%20burner

{---------- Please click the "Thumbs Up" to say thanks for helping.
Please click "Accept As Solution" if my help has solved your problem. ----------}

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I do not work for HP.
Honor Student
TomTinKC
Message 5 of 5 (2,092 Views)

Thank you so much for your help.  This has been very helpful, and you are right, I will probably find other uses for the external drive in the future.  Again, thank you very much.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation