Question

Honor Student
ebfl
Message 1 of 4 (173 Views)

Factory restore?

Hi, I was wanting to do a factory restore to my HP IQ770, the only results I could find told me to press F11 when I turn the pc on, I did this except for some odd reason, it does nothing for me? So I'm kind of confused, the computer is running windows 7.
PhD Student
Rixander
Message 2 of 4 (138 Views)

Re: Factory restore?

as soon the hp logo show up and thats when you press f11 and if not try f10 and what is the model of your touchsmart and the original OS on it and if w7 is and upgrade or the one you had all along and if so you can order the recovery disc for your touchsmart from hp if your pc is not more than 4 years old or you will need to get it from 3rd party ... but the restore disc should work and get your touchsmart running again
Please provide Kudos to whom has provided answers or
good points or advice..
Aslo if the questions or issues solved please check it
"Accepted"
Thanks and you are welcome _____ Rick
Honor Student
ebfl
Message 3 of 4 (130 Views)

Hi, unfortunately I have no disc, I bought it second hand of someone, I believe it originally came with windows vista, and before I got it they updated it to 7, I have tried pressing F11 as that is even what it says on the page with the HP sign however it just bleeps at me? I'm kind of skint as well, just got my own place and everything hence why sadly my computer has to go, so trying to do this hopefully without spending money on it, thanks
PhD Student
Rixander
Message 4 of 4 (126 Views)

you can still order the restore disc from hp which is a start and if you do end up back to vista but check with the person who you brought it from and if they still have the w7 which is registered to that pc you are using but if all else fails and even tho you can if the restore takes it back to vista but you can before the end of jan of 2013 you can get the low price of w8 to try and there are 2 ways of getting which in the retail stores or obtaining from Microsoft online but if you chose to try w8 check for drivers availability but if you still want to try w8 and if it does not work out you can use the restore disc to put it back
Please provide Kudos to whom has provided answers or
good points or advice..
Aslo if the questions or issues solved please check it
"Accepted"
Thanks and you are welcome _____ Rick
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation