Question

Student
neatlifestyle
Message 1 of 5 (3,726 Views)

Get out of safe mode?

Had 'Gizmo'  working on PC remotely in safe mode yesterday. They couldn't solve issue as to why computer running so slow, said it was Telstra.  But now, can't get back in touch with them and don't know how to get computer out of safe mode and back to normal?  Please help in 'simple terms' as not technically minded, thanks.

Master's Graduate
Comptronic
Message 2 of 5 (3,705 Views)

Re: Get out of safe mode?

If I undersand you correctly, just reboot your computer.

Grad Student
Ben95111
Message 3 of 5 (3,653 Views)

Hello,

Please follow these steps:

1: Press Windows Key or Click start, then type in msconfig.

2. Click the entry in the start menu.

3: Under the General Tab, there should be 3 buttons : Normal, Diagnostic and Selective. Select Normal. Under Boot tab, click your default OS, and on the bottom where it says Boot option uncheck Safe boot if it is checked.

4: Click Apply, then OK.

5: It will ask you to restart your computer. Click Restart Now.

I hope this helps!

I have more HP devices than you'd expect.
1 HP TouchPad 32 GB with Android
2 HP Touchsmarts (310-1000z and IQ527)
2 HP Printers (J6480 and J5750)
1 Laptop (HP DV6253CL)

Have at least some experience in each of those devices, and i'll do my best to help you.
Kudos if I helped!
Master's Graduate
Comptronic
Message 4 of 5 (3,648 Views)

If you don't mind me asking, who/what is Gizmo? Why were they on your computer remotely, and in Safe Mode? You were able to get in touch with them to "fix" your computer last time but now you can't. Are they reputable? I've never heard of them. Sorry this doesn't answer your question, just wanted to know a couple of things first to help me help you figure out your problem.
Student
david1971
Message 5 of 5 (1,660 Views)

didnt work

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation