Top Student
Michael_Thorner
Message 1 of 5 (975 Views)
Accepted Solution

Google Chrome doesn't open on my desktop

Product name: HP ENVY TS 15 Notebook PC

Product number: E7Z34UA#ABA

Windows 8.1 64-bit 

When in my desktop, if I click on the Google Chrome icon on the taskbar, the website is displayed in a separate screen by itself instead of on my desktop. On this separate screen, in the lower left hand corner there are two icons: Apps icon and Google Chrome icon. In Vista the Google Chrome  would display the website on my desktop and I could create a shortcut to the website just by dragging the internet address to my desktop. With this separate screen, I can't create a shortcut to the website.

Tutor
spoon1901
Message 2 of 5 (951 Views)

Re: Google Chrome doesn't open on my desktop

If I understand correctly, it sounds like your Chrome is opening in windows 8 mode.  Try going to your Chrome menu button (3 horizontal bars on the top right corner) and select  "Relaunch Chrome on the desktop"

Top Student
Michael_Thorner
Message 3 of 5 (945 Views)

Thanks for the solution. It worked.

It is interesting that the 3rd screen is called a Modern UI by Microsoft.

Honor Student
Message 4 of 5 (421 Views)

I cannot get into google chrome.  It will not  download.  I also can't get into my e-mails.  When I hit the logo for google nothin g comes that says g-mail

Honor Student
Message 5 of 5 (418 Views)

I do not have 3 horizontal bars in the upper right hand corner

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation