Question

Honor Student
bojorquez_1
Message 1 of 8 (17,905 Views)
Accepted Solution

HELP! Disable Touch Screen on Envy Touchsmart Ultrabook 4

Hi, i'm having trouble trying to disable the touch functionality of the screen of Envy Touchsmart Ultrabook 4 in Windows 8... I've been looking for an answer on how to do this but i haven't find anything. I tried the method of control panel>hardware and sound>pen and touch and then disabling the option "use your finger as an input device" but this option is not there for me! If someone knows how to do this i'd be very thankful. :smileyhappy:

Grad Student
lil-liebe
Message 2 of 8 (17,880 Views)

Re: HELP! Disable Touch Screen on Envy Touchsmart Ultrabook 4

Hi,

I have a different type of TouchSmart, but this may work for you:

1. Press the Windows logo key + X.
  2. Select Device Manager from the list.
  3. Click the little arrow next to Human Interface Devices to expand the list.
  4. Click the touch screen driver (in my case, NextWindow Voltron Touch Screen).
  5. Right-click, and select Disable from the list.
  6. Click Yes on the dialog box that asks if you are sure you want to disable the touch screen driver.

When you want your touch screen to work again, follow the process above, EXCEPT when right-clicking the touch screen driver, select Enable.

~Lil.Liebe

Clicking the white KUDOS THUMBS UP ThumbsUp.jpg on the right is a way to say thanks!
Click Accept as Solution on a reply that solves your issue to help others in search of answers.

Honor Student
bojorquez_1
Message 3 of 8 (17,872 Views)

Thank you a lot man! In my case the driver is called "HID-compilant device" there were 4 of the same but i tried disabling one by one and it resulted to be the second one... Now people will stop trolling me when i'm using my lap! :smileytongue:  . Again man, thanks!

Honor Student
ProTECHtion
Message 4 of 8 (9,972 Views)

Does anyone know how to disable the touchpad on these machines?  I have a Envy TouchSmart 17-j130us. 

Honor Student
sbeach
Message 5 of 8 (7,055 Views)

[ Edited ]

Great solution--thanks! I have an HP ENVY TouchSmart 17-j185nr Notebook with Windows 8.1. Here is what I did to shut off the onscreen keyboard:

1. Press the Windows logo key + X.
  2. Select Device Manager from the list.
  3. Click the little arrow next to Human Interface Devices to expand the list.
  4. Click the touch screen driver.
  5. Right-click, and select Disable from the list.
  6. Click Yes on the dialog box that asks if you are sure you want to disable the touch screen driver.

When you want your touch screen to work again, follow the process above, EXCEPT when right-clicking the touch screen driver, select Enable.

Honor Student
hp-tiv-user
Message 6 of 8 (6,296 Views)

I've looked thru the Device Manager and can't find a Touchscreen device. I have the HP Envy w/touchscreen. There's a dimple or something in upper middle of screen that keeps repositioning the mouse to it (and selecting any feature on any open window in that spot. What else might the device be called? This was a really nice computer, but now its just an expensive piece of junk!!!!

Honor Student
hp-tiv-user
Message 7 of 8 (6,268 Views)

Thanks! Also had trouble finding right device to disable. This worked for me as well!

Student
alovelycreature
Message 8 of 8 (4,273 Views)

I went to "personalize" and typed in the search, "Touch Screen Driver." Under there I was able to turn off the right click.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation