Question

Top Student
gurgured
Message 1 of 7 (3,674 Views)

HP Beats Audio app. reload

I have a Touchsmart 520-1070 with windows 64-bit.

How do I reload Hp Beats audio as I get an error message "Cannot find .startup File!." when trying to access the 'Beats Audio Control Panel' from the Control Panel Page.

Provost
DavidPK
Message 2 of 7 (3,672 Views)

Re: HP Beats Audio app. reload

Hi,

Try using Recovery Manager to reinstall the IDT HD Audio Driver ( this will also reinstall the Beats Audio interface ) - the procedure for using recovery manager to reinstall Software and Drivers is detailed in the document on the link below.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01868333&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&jumpid=reg_R1002_US...

After the reinstallation has completed, restart the PC.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Top Student
gurgured
Message 3 of 7 (3,670 Views)

The IDT HD Audio Driver was not listed in the Recovery Manager.

Provost
DavidPK
Message 4 of 7 (3,658 Views)

Hi,

In that case, try the following.

Download the IDT Audio installer on the link below and save it to your Downloads folder.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp56001-56500/sp56045.exe

When done, open windows Control Panel, open Device Manager and open up Sound, Video and Game Controllers.  Right click the IDT device and select Uninstall - you should also get a prompt to remove the current driver, tick the box to allow this and then proceed with the uninstall.

When complete, restart the PC and let Windows fully load.  Open your Downloads folder, right click on the IDT installer and select 'Run as Administrator' to start the installation.  When this has completed, right click the speaker icon in the Taskbar and select Playback Devices.  Left click 'Speakers and Headphones' once to highlight it and then click the Set Default button.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Student
potash4
Message 5 of 7 (3,451 Views)

Hi,

I have the same issue. If you go to computer management (through start and right click on computer and select manage) then open device mananger, you can then select audio devices you can select the IDT HD device, if you go to properties and drivers then select rollback driver this seems to correct the problem.

Looks like a bad update from HP?

Student
ghostavn
Message 6 of 7 (2,113 Views)

Help , please . . I have hp touchsmart 610-1010sc ,i recently installed windows 7  x86 and i just can't find beats audio driver . what can i do ?

Student
nikstam
Message 7 of 7 (1,520 Views)

I have a pavillion dv7 64-bit and during I tryed to solve the problem with the internal microphones (reload  the IDT Audio Codek) I get an error message "Cannot find .startup File!." when trying to access the 'Beats Audio Control Panel' from the Control Panel Page. Now the microphones as well as the beats audio software cannot be found.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation