Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I purchased this system on 9/18/2013 and the TouchSmart screen is unresponsive to finger touch.  When accessing the Control Panel, I can open Pen and Touch but it does not do anything, nor does opeing Calibration allow finger touch to be recognized.  Please help!!

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

Hello,

did you get yours working?  My touch screen also stops working occasionally and then I noticed that I had to close some apps to make the touch screen working again.  IS this normal?

HP Recommended

Hi Amy,

Sorry to hear you are getting an unresponsive touchscreen on your ENVY TouchSmart. Can you please give me the exact model number. Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks,

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Perhaps this HP article about Troubleshooting Touch Screen Issues in Windows 8 will help.

Take a look and let us know if it helps or not.

Thanks,

GeorgeFN
I work on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

I have bought HP ENVY 15t Quad Core Touch Smart laptop with Win 8.1 ... SInce the day it is arrived, Touch screen disables by itself after working for few minutes... 

On restarting the laptop, touchscreen works fine again... Then Boom, touch screen doesnot work again after few minutes...

Tried searching everything on control panel... Nothing worked so far...

Any help is appreciated !

HP Recommended

Hi Rudra007:

Thank you for query.  I am elated to be of assistance!

I understand that the touchscreen on you new notebook works on startup, but then it immediately stops. Have you tried running the "HP Support Assistant", to aid in updates and resolving issues? click here.Here is a document on "Using and Troubleshooting the TouchPad (Windows 8)"  click here. Have you tried running the windows troubleshooter ( Windows +C to open charms. type in troubleshooter) to aid in resolving issues. If you are still unable to resolve the touchscreen issue I would contact HP technical support.  Please call our technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region please click the link below to get the support number for your region. http://www.hp.com/cgi-bin/hpsupport/index.pl.

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

Hi,

This document may help:

Troubleshooting Touch Screen Issues in Windows 8

Also, it may be worthwhile to make sure the touch screen drivers are enabled in Device Manager:

1. Press the Windows logo key + X.
  2. Select Device Manager from the list.
  3. Click the little arrow next to Human Interface Devices to expand the list.
  4. Click the touch screen driver (in my case, NextWindow Voltron Touch Screen).
  5. Right-click, and select Enable from the list (if the driver is not already enabled).
  6. Click Yes if a dialog box openas and asks if you are sure you want to enable the touch screen driver.
  7. Restart the computer.

If the driver is enabled, and the touch screen still does not work, check for driver updates:

1. Press the Windows logo key + X.
  2. Select Device Manager from the list.
  3. Click the little arrow next to Human Interface Devices to expand the list.
  4. Double-click the touch screen driver.
  5. In the window that opens, click the Driver tab.
  6. Click the Update Driver button.
  7. In the Update Driver Software window, click Search automatically for updated driver software.
  8. If updated driver software is available, install it.
  9. Restart the computer.
~Lil.Liebe

Clicking the white KUDOS THUMBS UP ThumbsUp.jpg on the right is a way to say thanks!
Click Accept as Solution on a reply that solves your issue to help others in search of answers.

HP Recommended
Hello Sparkles,

I have updated the drivers through HP Support assistant. Now, graphic card is giving some error on Win startup. I wish I could attach file here to show the error msg. Also, fingerprint reader is working but not aligned with the webpages or win start up. Sound quality is also very poor with very high volume, I cannot hear it well until I use earphone.

Please, help me to resolve the issues. I am worried not to run out warranty until we resolve all issues.

Kind Regards,
Prasad
HP Recommended

HI Rudra007:

Thank you for your reply.

As you are in warranty, you can call our technical support and they will glad to assist you, in resolving all the issues. Also they have the capability of remotely accessing your computer, so they can see any error messages. You could also inquire about an extended warranty if you are interested. The contact information  for HP support, is in the 6th post down on this page. For your convenience here is a link to Using HP SimplePass Fingerprint Reader (Windows 😎

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

Hi

I have just bought hp envy 15t - j100 and it doesnt seem it has touch screen is it possible?

@Sparkles1 wrote:

HI Rudra007:

Thank you for your reply.

As you are in warranty, you can call our technical support and they will glad to assist you, in resolving all the issues. Also they have the capability of remotely accessing your computer, so they can see any error messages. You could also inquire about an extended warranty if you are interested. The contact information  for HP support, is in the 6th post down on this page. For your convenience here is a link to Using HP SimplePass Fingerprint Reader (Windows 😎

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.