HP Linkup set up issue (1100 Views)
Top Student
AndyGTC
Message 1 of 5 (1,100 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP Linkup set up issue

Can anyone help with an HP Linkup problem?

I've followed the instructions on my Touchsmart PC, downloaded the Linkup file to my remote laptop. But, when running through the set up on the remote computer, after telling me it recognises the password and computer name, when trying to connect from my Touchsmart, I then get a message saying it doesn't recognise the Name and/or password? What do I do?

Top Student
AndyGTC
Message 2 of 5 (1,097 Views)

Re: HP Linkup set up issue

No problem, I sorted it eventually!!!
Master's Graduate
Holly_J
Message 3 of 5 (1,070 Views)

Great! Glad you got it working!

I was going to suggest you take a look at the HP Linkup video on HP PC Help channel on YouTube.

------------
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

Please click the white Kudos star to the left if my reply was helpful to you. Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem. This will help others, too!
Top Student
AndyGTC
Message 4 of 5 (1,069 Views)

Thank you for this. Although I have noticed that I now get the Windows timer continually popping up on both my Touchsmart and Laptop. I'm assuming this is something to do with Linkup as it wasn't doing it until I linked my laptop and it is on both the linked machines. Any ideas?
Associate Professor
frrw
Message 5 of 5 (1,062 Views)

Hello AndyGTC:

My guess it is a wizard syncing in the two computers. Each computer has to be in sync with each other. I would leave it alone if it is not messing up things on computers.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation