HP TouchSmart 600 PC Windows 7 64-bit TS-T633P CDDVDW Drive wil not read CD DVD Media (2911 Views)
Student
jh2plz
Message 1 of 6 (2,911 Views)

HP TouchSmart 600 PC Windows 7 64-bit TS-T633P CDDVDW Drive wil not read CD DVD Media

Is there a firmware or driver for the TS-T633P CDDVDW drive that will allow it to read CD AND DVD discs.  Have tried troubleshooting resources from HP and Windows with no results. The CDDVDW drive make a loud huming sound  and stops

trying to read. The drive is recognized by windows and windows states the driver is up to date. I have review many suggestions from other sites and thought I would seek help here. Any good suggestions?   Also tried to change the region to 1 which is the USA and for some reason it will not allow me to reset it from region 4.  I am not from South America. Dont know how this happen.

Have uninstall driver and get the same results.

PhD Student
SomelOguh
Message 2 of 6 (2,782 Views)

Re: HP TouchSmart 600 PC Windows 7 64-bit TS-T633P CDDVDW Drive wil not read CD DVD Media

Hello,

If there isn't any firmware udpate on the webpage for the HP specs of your model, then there isn't any update available, and the best thing to do is to exchange your drive...

Thanks,

I work for HP! Please remember to provide kudo.JPGand if this helped click ON AS.JPG

Honor Student
titchys
Message 3 of 6 (2,779 Views)

Re: HP TouchSmart 600 PC Windows 7 64-bit TS-T633P CDDVDW Drive wil not read CD DVD Media

Can you be more specific on how to correct this problem.....I need help.  I have uninstalled the driver and windows reinstalled and it still does not work.  Can you tell me how to correct this please.  ??????????

PhD Student
SomelOguh
Message 4 of 6 (2,752 Views)

Hello Titchys,

Please donwload the IMGBurn application, from this website: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download

With this application installed, you will be able to check the current firmware revision you have and it will connect you to a website, where you can search for any newer update available.

By the way, I tried it my self and could not locate any newer firmware for your model at this website:

http://www.firmwarehq.com/search.php?chk=60&keywords=TS-T633P

Anyway, try to install imgburn and go to Tools/Drive then you have an option called Capabilities, it will list all the media type your drive can read and it will display your current Firmware revision and it has an option to check for newer firmware, try to search from your system, see if you have more luck than me. If there is no new update, then with this same tool you can try to do the following.

Insert a media and select Mode/Read, now on the software check if there is anything being displayed. If not go to tools and select reset DMA, try to do this and make this same step after restarting your PC.

If none of this works, probably your drive is faulty and you need to replace it.

THanks,

I work for HP! Please remember to provide kudo.JPGand if this helped click ON AS.JPG

PhD Student
SomelOguh
Message 5 of 6 (2,750 Views)

Hello again,

Try to do this, press F11 to boot into your recovery manager when you reach the options for your recovery press

ALT GR+D, a admin command prompt should appear.

Insert a CD/DVD and try to find the drive letter for your drive, either E,F,etc...try to insert a data CD and type "dir" to show you the content of the drive.

If this fails, you must replace your drive.

Thanks,

Student
kbk1528
Message 6 of 6 (188 Views)

Help !!  it loads, but nothing else happens.  It does not show on MY Computer .

It did work about 2 weeks ago.  MS helped me get my EPSON workforce 520 printer talking, but I still can't get the CDDVDW working.

HP TouchSmart 600 PC Windows 7 64-bit  TS-T633P CDDVDW Drive wil not read CD DVD Media

Please Help

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation